SASS Wire Forum

WADDIE application

Drago SASS #2995L

Well, here we are again…WADDIE sign-up time. It’s posted on the End of Trail 2007 events page. I guess you should know this by now from the post on the wire by my good friend FancyFree. (She’s always so anxious and full of ..Spirit!)

If you’re interested in put’n in a lot of hours and get’n paid a small amount then being a Waddie for the End of Trail 2007 event is just your game!

I already have several applications, and like past years it amazes me, that SASS members (returning Waddies too) want to work as hard as they do for so little…but, maybe it’s not so little…sure, it’s hard work, long hours, not much pay and the foods so-so, but the friendship is beyond compare.

Sign up make some new friends, re-new old friendships and be a part of the event’s success. A dollar-a-Day?,…. who cares…we usually give it away to one of the charities attending the event anyway.

Click on the Waddie application link on the End of Trail events page, you’ll be directed to the details about being a Waddie and the application. Also note that it mentions past Waddie Spirit award recipients, Travis and I cannot say enough about the vivacity and enthusiasm of the past winners…….. A BIG thank you to all of them.

Hola Drago,

First drink for the waddies is on me.

Seems like the traveling Margarita wagon will be back in New Mexico this year.

Waddies, if you have any special requests let me know & I'll pass them on to our pro bartender Pepper.

We usually have a great time and last year Cap'n Cooper won "Best dressed Waddie" year before it was Col DVS Fox.

LLC

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Boss, Thanks for the THANKS.

I have been a Waddie for oh my gosh, 7 years,and what Drago said is true,it ain't the dollar,sure ain't the food, it is the Friendships that you can't get anywhere else.I have met people from all over the world and I wouldn't trade any of them years for anything!

I love it!

Cuz, where else can I go to be able to tell cowboys where to go :D

• 1 month later...

The applications have started coming in and even CHIZ says he'll waddie!

If you are interested in volunteering your services day or night please let Drago know as soon as possible. As a waddie you get paid and fed, a nice waddie gift and an End of Trail pin. Sometimes there are other perks, but you have to be a waddie to find out. There is plenty of work to be done before, during and after End of Trail so sign up today, or tomorrow, but don't delay!

Chiz did send in an application as a "joke" and to "test" the application process, therefore you can only tell him what you would any other day. Knowing the lady that you are, you will be polite, friendly and oh so kind.

<_<

Fancy Free .... checkin' in fer Pie Crust. She just started a real job n ain't got no vacation time so will have ta pass on Waddie duties this year. She says she'll mail some apple n cherry crisp mebbe even sum fake sugar cookies so y'all dun't starve

Silvermane ... pard ta Miz Pie Crust

Chiz said he would help you put water and ice out every morning for the range, work all day and close the Belle Union every night. No questions asked and for the going wages.

The bridge in New York is only $29.95, taxes included. <_<

and I'm (Drago) borrowing Travis' e-mail to post this..........

:(:o

i bet chiz said that all right! yeah sure!

i am going to take a bunch of memory sticks for the camera to eot this year, two or three just for the pictures of chiz doing the water detail! ho ho

this is me from WARM florida!

da padre pw

I know everyone is just making fun of Chiz because he has a warm, caring and giving soul. :o We just know he will not forget how much his friends and hard working volunteers struggle to make every End of Trail better then the next. :P

(Do you think he'll buy that???? :( )

Guest Tom Muley, SASS #27759

Travis and Drago,

I'm thinking of doing the 'waddie' thing this year, got any interesting jobs for this old washed-up cowpoke?

I think you all know my skills and places to hide me, so my ugly looks don't scare to many folk.

Muley

Tom,YOU AIN'T UGLY :(

You just have character. B) Can't wait to see ya .

Travis, of course Chiz knows what we all think of him,especially me

:o He also knows how hard we work to make EOT better every year.

Can't wait to see him at 6 AM every morning doing the water and ice thing for the range :P

• 3 weeks later...
Yea, with with all waddie applications we will have Fancyfree give out FREE kisses.    Chocolate ones that is.

797956[/snapback]

NOTE: :o Remind FancyFree to pack the chocolate kisses. One for each Waddie and a bag for Travis , who need lots of kisses. :D

Footloose

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to come again and play with you all, but me thinks time is running out. I'm not ready to commit and finding a place to stay this late in the game is going to be impossible. Cost wise I'm not sure it is worth being a 'waddie', for $55 I can come and go as I please and I won't have to do any work. Or, I could come out and see what is new on Saturday for the price of daily admission.

I'm so ........................confused on what to do.

Muley

It's your call Tom but you are always welcome. I know the price of travel, room and board is not covered by the $1.00 a day salary. If you can't make it we will miss you, however if you can visit then stop by the shack and we'll buy you a cup of coffee.

Hey Travis, to help me decide I need to know what dates I'm needed, what will I be doing, and what I need to bring (or what you guys would like). I do need a space for my RV that is close (can't walk very much anymore).

You are needed whenever you can work, but I can't say what or where at this point. Drago has the main list and he is trying to establish assignments still. However, I understand the chuckwagon support area has already been filled. But there are more choices left.

Go to the EOT site and on the lower left side is a spot to sign up as a waddie. Look at the list of jobs and put in the day(s) you can work in an area or two you are interested in working. Additionally, if you are interested in working with the mounted shooters, contact Nuevo Mike. He may be able to add you to the mounted arena support list.

As for RV space, waddies camp in an assigned area and there are trams if you are not close enough or need a lift to/from town.

I hope that helps. If not you can contact Drago or me for additional information.

• 2 weeks later...
Still need more Waddies, sign up now :rolleyes:

See you there! :)

845251[/snapback]

Hae the Waddie packages been sent out yet ? Just got back from Spain on sunday and didn't see one in my mail.

Archived