SASS Wire Forum

EOT '07

Pecos Clyde, SASS #48481

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be at the range Wednesday the 20th..Posse #25 for Main Match..My 7th EOT, 3rd at FR/NM

Pards,

will be on Posse 9 and attending Evil Roy's school the 16 & 17th. Looking fwd to my first EOT and making some new friends.

Take care and drive safe.

MD

Well, Silver Heart and I are parked at FR now. The dirt roads are in great shape. The ranch is very green and everything looks fresh. A new building is being completed, the stages have steel set, the big tent is up, vendors are moving their stuff into their spaces. The whole process is fun to watch.

No rain so far today, and its about 8pm local time. Wind is blowing a bit, but it is probably about 70 degrees or so.

Pecos thanks for the update. I should be pulling in to Hidden Valley early tomorrow afternoon and may run over after I get setup. I may need a favor around Saturday from you. I will let you know if I do. Nothing big. Are you going to the border dispute again this year?

Glad to hear the weather is ok. I dropped all my stuff off with Mudflat Mike who is kind enough to haul all my gear to EOT so I don't have to check anything at the airport. I am shooting on Posse 9 and getting there on Tuesday around 2. Looking to meeting a bunch of new people and seeing some people I already know.

I think I am dealing card on Friday night so stop by my table and say hello.

Well, Silver Heart and I are parked at FR now.  The dirt roads are in great shape.  The ranch is very green and everything looks fresh.  A new building is being completed, the stages have steel set, the big tent is up, vendors are moving their stuff into their spaces.  The whole process is fun to watch.   

No rain so far today, and its about 8pm local time.  Wind is blowing a bit, but it is probably about 70 degrees or so.

881307[/snapback]

So are the targets big and close? Are there a bunch of knockdowns? Will they let you back to check out the shooting bays? Are the vendors staring to pull in yet? Can you see the buffalo? Are there any baby buffalo? :)

Pictures!

Looking forward to meeting and to shooting with you Pecos! :)

Hey Camille

Targets are fairly big, looks like 3 stages have knockdowns for pistol or rifle. They appear to be on bays that would have each posse shooting one knockdown stage per day. Yup you can walk onto the bays and check out the stages.

Yup there are three new buffalo calves running with the adults. There is also one massive, as in dang he's a big one, bull buffalo new to the ranch. Apparently this new bull is responsible for the 3 new calves.....what-a-guy!!! We watched the small heard this morning, as they ran from the water tank to the middle of their big pasture.....pretty cool really....the calves were really kickin up their heels.

Yup many of the vendors are here and setting up, with many more to come. There are some very nice new props on the stages designed ad built by Laramie Jack and Pistol Packin Grannie. Wild flowers all over the place. Silver Heart and I did some sprucing up around the Mission this morning.

Sunny with BLUE sky, and big puffy ole white clouds, about 75 or so, no wind. We went for a ride on the Harley from 7am to about 8:30 or so.

Lookin forward to meeting and shooting with you and SW as well. Don't forget, if you need anything we can help with, let us know.

PC

Sounds great and thanks for the update! We can't wait to get there. :) Hmm...maybe need to bring some Hillbilly lemonade with us too.

Sounds like you had a good day for a ride too.

We're at RV Ranch in Amarillo, getting ready to make the final leg to Founders Ranch (assuming no more flats, etc.)

Our RV Blog

Love the forecast, having been in 95°, 95% humidity at Oakwood.

I do feel like I've got the wrong hat for this vehicle. I need a WWII officer's hat with a fifty mission crush and headphones with a throat mike. After all, I do have a Navigator and a copilot.

Cap'n See you there tonight or tomorrow then have a save trip. I know thwe flats deal, I took one trip and before it was over I ended up replacing every tire including the spare on the camper. I plan on new tires for the truck this fall and next feb will look at the camper tire real good befopre heading out to WR.

See you at EOT everyone....

We're at RV Ranch in Amarillo, getting ready to make the final leg to Founders Ranch (assuming no more flats, etc.)

Our RV Blog

Love the forecast, having been in 95°, 95% humidity at Oakwood.

I do feel like I've got the wrong hat for this vehicle.  I need a WWII officer's hat with a fifty mission crush and headphones with a throat mike.  After all, I do have a Navigator and a copilot.

882588[/snapback]

I'm loving your RV log! Please keep it up. :)

Lots of folks arrived over the last 2 days. JB Fast, Judge Harshly, Swiftwater, I Plantem and High Steppin, Laramie Jack and Pistol Packing Granny, Dirty Bob, Rattler John, Jim Bowie and Sassy Lassie, Frankfurter and Miss April, Short Tom and Two Sons, Palo Verde and Chuckawalla Kid (staying at an RV park).

Many of the vendors are set up and ready to show their wares. Today is the warm-up shoot for the berm marshals. They shoot their EOT match Saturday, Sunday, and Monday.

Was warmer yesterday and it stayed nice during the evening, today is supposed to be warmer still Right now its 3:30am, and a couple coyotes are yapping back and forth.

The excitment is building!!!

PC

AARRRGGHHHH! I wish we were there already. We'll be pulling in to Moriarity on Monday afternoon. We're shooting on Posse 7. See y'all !

Sweetface and I, along with our daughter, Morning Dove will be there tomorrow afternoon....at the Horse Camp of course :P We look forward to either seeing you again or meeting you (depends on if we know you already or not!!). :rolleyes:

Hi pards, I'm an other of the italian team that you met around the F.R.

Thanks pards, it was so great spend time with you. This experience was amazing!!

Thanks again :rolleyes::P

Howdy, Camille!

It was great to finally meet y'all. Maybe next year we'll end up on the same posse. Although I don't think we could have had a better posse than Posse 7! Great folks!!

EoT was fantastic this year. Great stages and scenarios. I shot terribly (two procedurals and a handful of misses) but still had a super time. Lorelei had ONE miss. :rolleyes:

Archived