SASS Wire Forum

eot 2007 rv parks

Chewie, SASS #19928

also any rv parks nearby that are NICE near eot without staying at the range?

625382[/snapback]

Hidden Valley is quite close. Here are some ratings.

There is a KOA in East Albuquerque that is near. It's in a suburban area and is noisy.

Chewie,

I read the reviews. Sure Hidden Valley is small, very old, dirt roads, has mostly cramped sites, no cable, and some old time full timers.

However;

I found the people in the office are very friendly, the bathrooms are invariably clean, most of the transient people the last two years I was there have been SASS members, it is convienient to the ranch & to town, they like SASS members, the pool is great after a day in the heat, the hot tub works and is clean, they will put you up by your friends, there is room for a 38 foot fifth wheel and awning in most spaces.

And it's fairly cheep.

Other than that is is only a So-So park, I don't know if NICE qualifies.

I admit the spaces could be bigger, the park could be newer and if I owned it and had 12-14 million dollars to just throw away without worring about making a living you could stay there for $2.50 a night after I made all the improvements.

That's my opinion.

Ask Fancy Free, Billy Boots, Brickyard Kid or many other who have stayed there.

LLC

• 3 weeks later...

If Founders Ranch had full hook ups we would stay there with all the other cowboys but since that is not available we go where we can hook up. Clay Buster and I (and, last year, Brickyard Kid) stayed at Hidden Valley for the past 2 EOT's and find that it is a very nice, quiet park. LayLow Curly even put up with being our next-door neighbor!

The staff is very nice and always seems happy to see us and other SASS folks. The location is very convenient and our puppies are welcome, too. We plan to stay there every time we go to EOT.

See ya there,

Peach

Ima,

I think you got that put up with incorrect.

You three had to put up with us and our rat.

Please say Hello to Claybuster and pass on to that young fellow Brickyard Kid, my warmest regards!

Hope to see you there next year.

LLC

Guest sawyer#34250

Hey There--who said I was buying stuff I can't even pronounce or spell? I would be honored to let any and all of you take a pull of Sawmill Water though!! :rolleyes:

Ok LL now that you hijacked the thread I'll get it back on target.

Hidden Valley is the ONLY place that I will stay. And LL is right it is full of cowboys and cowgirls during EOT. We, Footloose and I have stayed there every year and we love it.People are great and even do things like keeping the pool open longer for us to use after a day at the ranch.

Also the HOT TUB really feels great!

Come on and join us we might even get together in the club house for a drink or twa!

From another site I visit:

American RV Park

A quick heads up.

The park itself is nice for this area. I would not leave my wife and son at most of the parks here, not while I am away working. The problem is with the management and some of the workers. They have a very bad attitude towards the customer. We confirmed it wasnt just "us" after talking with our neighbors and other RVers. We have been here a month and are leaving for another park as soon as our site fee is used up. I have very little patience when dealing with people who have a superiority complex.

Sorry I didnt have good news, I hope this saves someone some hassle and frustration.

I stayed at Hidden Valley for 2006 EOT and Smoke in the Valley. They actually remembered me from the 1st shoot and the discussion we had had during EOT. They sure made me feel at home. The park may be old but it certainly served my purposes and every day when I drove in...I noticed that almost every trailer had a SASS sticker stuck to the bumper. :rolleyes:

Thursday, I tried to make my reservation for this year, but they said they weren't taking them until March....believe me...I'll be on the phone hoping they don't fill up! I don't want to argue with the generator for a week! :):)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

i have to have power due to health problems the people are wonderfull at hidden vally they rember my sass name from last year people are very helpfull. :rolleyes:

:)

Stayed at Hidden Valley Park in 2006.  About 12-15 miles from EOT. Good people.

711910[/snapback]

• 3 weeks later...

Archived