SASS Wire Forum

Somethin' Should Change!

Jack Houston # 35508

OK, My Wife and Myself spent alot of time and Money making our costumes for the B-Western/Silver Screen Costume Contest on Friday. We were in the late shooting shift which got started late and we finally finished around 5:30, went to change for the contest and couldn't get back by the cutoff of 6:30. Others didn't make it either. This needs to be considered, all the shooting shifts were delayed and the so called schedule wasn't anywhere near what was planned. There should be something done to make sure everyone who wants to enter the costume contests can!

Guest sawyer#34250

I just barely made it to the contest. I know Ringo Fire was also shut out of the B-Western. When the shooting backs up, everything else suffers. Don't have any solutions, just observations.

I had miss read the tiem and thought it started at 7pm. I had already amde plans for Saturday afternoon/evening with a renewal of wedding vows that were help by friends on the ranch. I volunteered to take pictures of the ceremony for them along with tehm having Qugley shoting them also I was to take the informal pictures and did. Got back up to the TT to change and looked at the schedule just to be sure and saw that it ended at 7pm I think it was and only had a few minutes to change and get to the tent so I refrained form showing up. I too thought the contests should have been later for several reasons. One to allow shooters and workers to return to their placeand prepare for the event, have a bite to eat and unwind before having to run striaght in to the contest. Also the twon looke dead every night after 630 everynow and then you would hear a outburst but if the town was open later including the vendors I think more woudl have seen and participated.

BLACKEY,

Gosh, I am sorry you were too late for the costume contest but I sure appreciated the pictures you took of our ceremony. it was a lot of fun, Old Man Meadows certainly did his job as best man making sure I didn't change my mind and walk the other way down the aisle. :blink:

Thanks again,

RR

• 2 weeks later...

It seems to me that the evening events seem to start a little early for those shooting that last shift no matter which day you shoot it.

Maybe the events could start later or at least end later to allow the last shooting shift to participate. Last year I think I missed the reception for life members as I was still getting my guns up the hill to my vehicle when it ended. :blink:

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Blackey, we waited for you as long as possible. Had you been there, you would have won something, as the military category was under-represented.

This has been a recurring problem. There were contestants who couldn't make the main contest back in '03, and nothing has changed in the schedule! I know Tex and Cat know about it. I would suggest, however, that you email Cat and remind her of the problem.

And as for anyone else in doubt over whether you should enter one of the costume contests, all I can say is ENTER. Some categories in the Saturday night competition were under-represented. Some in the best shooting costume contest were under-represented. (No scheduling problems there as judging was on 2 days.)

Just looked at the Costume Contest schedule on the EOT site and this is what is listed...

Thursday

10:30 AM - 12:30 PM - Shooting Costumes Contest at the BELLE UNION SALOON

8:30 PM - 9:30 PM Soiled Doves at the BELLE UNION SALOON

Friday

Saturday

5:30 PM - 7:00 PM Best Dressed Costume Contest Judging at the BELLE UNION SALOON

9:00 p.m. - Founders Hall - Best Dressed Costume Promenade and Awards

Are the times for Saturday later than last year? Sure hope so cuz Ms Clancy got robbed last year! She was in the late shift and missed out on the contest after carrying her impressive dress and accessories all the way from Australia!

Just looked at the Costume Contest schedule on the EOT site and this is what is listed...

Thursday

8:30 PM - 9:30 PM Soiled Doves at the BELLE UNION SALOON

Friday

Saturday

5:30 PM - 7:00 PM Best Dressed Costume Contest Judging at the BELLE UNION SALOON

9:00 p.m. - Founders Hall - Best Dressed Costume Promenade and Awards

Are the times for Saturday later than last year?  Sure hope so cuz Ms Clancy got robbed last year!  She was in the late shift and missed out on the contest after carrying her impressive dress and accessories all the way from Australia!

689966[/snapback]

No, that is the same schedule as last year. Nothing has changed. If Madd Mountain Mike and Miss Tabitha are the chief judges, I would expect them to stay as late as possible. Last year we stayed until 7:30 PM.

I don't see a Classic Cowboy/B-Western contest schedule. That's the group that wouldn't wait last year.

If you intend to be a contestant in the Best Dressed Costume Contest and your posse shoots late Saturday, CHANGE POSSES to get on a different shift. Last year CD Tom did a great job at accommodating requests!

• 1 month later...
Yea, Why no B-Western Costume Class??? That's what B-Western is all about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

699788[/snapback]

YEA!!

I been blindin' people for several months now and will do so at EOT as well!!

JH, I should be calling you Friday about a new B-Western rig.....

Got some new guns and they need cradles. I want something very unique....

Me thinks I might do all the catagories.... if I can find room to pack everything. 'course with my luck I'll miss all of 'em. At least I don't havta go back to town to change!!

O.K. I feel better now, here are the catagories on the sign-up form:

Costume Category – (Circle applicable category)

Ladies • Men's • Couples • Military • B-Western • Ladies B-Western

Junior (Boy and Girl) • Classic Gunfighter

JJJ

:(:o

Archived