SASS Wire Forum

EOT Pictures

Canby, great Pics!! I took 'em last year but aint got time this year :D . Good Job!!!

Keep it up! :D

483797[/snapback]

Cryptkeeper - sorry you don't have time. We enjoyed your pix last year.

I went out to Hayes City to see pards practicing. Most have gone when I arrived in the afternoon. They escaped to air conditioned locals. Fortunately two Aussies: Marsupial and Ironruna hadn't left yet and I got their pictures. Ironruna wants you all to know that his alias means he's an Australian cattle rustler who who makes running brands. Prayer Posse please pray for him. The altitiude here is bothering him.

Pictures from the Posse Shooting Stage are up. There still aren't many vendors here year. Only ~1/4 of the tents are occupied. Things will get real busy on Thursday.

I won't take or post pix tomorrow (Tuesday). Not much will be happening at the ranch and I won't be there. Wednesday I'll take pictures of the side matches.

Thanks, Mr. Canby--sure is great to show others where we are and what we are doing. Have added alittle description of some of the Ranch, too---

Boy howdy, it gets right tiring out there in the dust and wind. Already lost my voice a couple times. We's coughin' up dust all night long. Saw buffalo herd yesterday. More and more vendors showin' up--oh, lordy, please figure out how we can come up with more $. Side matches today. Most competitive shooters are not shootin' 'cuz of the DQ forward rule. I is dang busy workin' receptions and such. They also put the side matches, waddie shoot, demos, gatling gun, cannons in exact center of range, so all have to walk extra 3-4 berms worth to get from stage 6 to 7. Dust devils come and go--ask iffen you want to know how great those are----NOT!!!! :D:D

Accordin' to Southpaw, Silvermane, Joe Darter and some of our other CA and NV shooters--stages not too rough--one Texas Star, one swingin' target behind a cowboy--you're not supposed to hit him, while alternatin' shots. Knockdown rack where you have to hit one circle, then hit buffalo at 35 yards, then one target and then buffalo, etc. with rifle. Well, gots ta go do laundry ( I wonder why?) and then head out to set up for four receptions tonight--at least we gets to enjoy one of them.

Will write more as we can.

Pie Crust - if this thread becomes a news report for the EOT that's fine with me. I'm not possessive about this.

I too experienced dust devils. One hit the shade structure while I was listening to a band. Fortunately the structure diverted the devil. However, the people outside got an Old West experience they would rather forget.

AM Update: The server I use is unavailable and I can't post more pictures today. I'm leaving for the ranch and will try to post the side match pictures when I return tonight.

Pictures of the side matches and Thursday are up. It rained on Thurday afternoon so I cut the photography short. The rain stopped the dust devils and dust but put down two inches of mud on Barton road. I made it up the hill OK but did not stop at the stop sign at the top of the hill. That would be pressing my luck.

There's lots of pictures of Ironruna and Marsupial during the side matches.

Enjoy!

I'd like to say thanks for the pictures also!!

I've seen SASS #'s in the 71,000's and with 1000 + shooters, mounted shooters, vendors, conventioneers and visitors, I'd say that there are between 69 and 70,000+/- SASS members and such out here that just want to see!!

THANKS PARD!!

Guest Buckshot Percussion

Mr Canby, thanks for the pix, if you could find a way to add sound, dust, gunsmoke and sore feet I think I could imagine being there. Be sure to find Spur Roberts from CVV, he is very photogenic cause he has film all over his teeth. D:

Mr Canby thanx for posting those great photos!

Looks like B-Western is either very popular this year or the others are too dull to photograph (kidding :blink: ).

Look forward to seeing more, hope the weather says nice.

If y'all see Happy Trails or Half-a-Hand Henri tell 'em Wild Bill sends his regards!

Today I watched the mounted shooters run stage three and then took in the Sons of the Rio Grande show. The lead singer, Walen Mickey, is a co-worker of mine so I was generous with pictures of that group. The pictures are here.

I'll be back at the mounted area tomorrow.

Enjoy!

There were puddles on the ranch roads this morning (Saturday). Pards said it rained pretty hard last night. I appreciated the lack of dust. I spent another morning at the mounted arena and then saw the mounted shooters parade through town. They received plenty of cheers. The town was crowded with visitors. My Saturday pictures are posted.

Again, enjoy!

P.S. This is my final posting of pictures. I'm way over limit on free server space used and need to stop before my ISP bill gets higher. All the encouragement I got on this thread kept me going. Until next year, shoot fast and shoot clean. God bless you all. My favorite photo is number 100b2170 taken on Friday the 23rd of a mounted shooter with a flash of flame coming out of her revolver. She looks good!

Archived