SASS Wire Forum

Pre EOT jitters

Solvang Shootist

whew!!!....feeling like i did when i first started racing AMA Superbike...butterflies, butterflies, butterflies... :D

first EOT...man o man am i excited... :D

headed out at first light this friday, stopping by Tombstone for the night on saturday then gonna pull into the EOT camp by 5pm...

see ya there!!!!!!!

Solvang Shootist... :D

Hi Solvang,

Me too, excited that is. I've wanted to go since my first year, 1999. It's finally happening! :D:D

I'm shooting worse than any year other than my first year, so there's no pressure to win anything. I'm more worried about how I'll look shooting. I'm allowing three days to pack. I have a few things to finish sewing too.

See you there!

Allie

Well here we are ... three rookies sweatin' the first appearance at The Big Show! If I had not shot Winter Range, I would be gettin' squirrely worryin' about EOT. I finsihed in the middle of the pack there and didn't shoot anybody so I am not too spooky about EOT. More concerned about heat and elevation kickin' my butt than Evil Roy and China Camp.

Solvang :D ... stick your head in Big Ed Douglas' San Pedro Saddlery and say hey. Watch out though, Big Ed is a major league talker so don't get him wound up. W.H Brown leather is 3 or 4 blocks west of Big Ed. Beautiful work but pricey. Tombstone is a hoot. Put your gear on and stroll 4th Street. You'll swear you can hear rinky tink piano music comin' from the Oriental and Wyatt tips his hat to you as he walks by!

Allie :D ... get that sewin' done. If we can't shoot so good, we'll look reallllll good! Nobody ever remembers where you placed but they'll always remember the hat, boots, spurs or whatever you had on.

Judging from the wire posts, there will be a lot of rookies this year. California will sparkle :D

Silvermane ... who is working real hard to appear blase about EOT :D

Solvang, Calm down. I am shooting on posse 2 so we will get to meet. The only thing I am worried about is if it is cloudy. The Sun Dial you will need to time me gets hard to read on cloudy days!! We are leaving early in the morning for our 1250 mile trip pulling the camper. It will be great to meet some of the people on the wire and see some of the people we have shot with. Trader Dave Sass 53461L (TG)

Miz Allie,

Don't forget to bring an empty bag or two for all the stuff you can purchase at EOT!

And please say "howdy" to everyone for me at the wire reception.

Y'all have a good time and a safe trip.  :D

481177[/snapback]

Hi MB,

Great advice. Thanks!

Darn it, I just figured out that the TG meeting is at the same time as the Wire Reception. If I weren't getting "the big bucks" for bein' a TG :D:D, I'd be at the Wire reception fer sure. I'm just hopin' the TGs won't have anything to talk about or the Wire reception waits for me. I don't think there's much chance of either happening.

So, all of ya at the Wire Reception, drink one for me! I'll be there as soon as I can. I want to meet y'all.

Regards,

Allie Mo

PS Silvermane :D back at ya and Pie Crust too.

Allie Mo .... Pie Crust and I will drag out the Wire Reception as long as possible. I 'spect we'll have a lot of help from a vocal, and thirsty, assembly.

Silvermane

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Hey Gang,

This will be my twelfth as a shooter and 16th. EOT over all and I still get excited like a kid on Christmas Eve. If I didn't get like this I probably would have stopped goin years ago.

See Y'all there,

Can't wait,

Longcolt :)

It will be my 2nd as a shooter/berm marshal and 3rd year running as I dropped in the first year it was at the ranch and would have went but it was full up by the time I found out about it.

Allie, :) I didn't know you were still a TG. Haven't seen you over on the TG wire for awhile??? On another note, I remember when you posted your "normal" load awhile back. It was a PF 75. You only needed 71 to take the KD's down at Buffalo Stampede, and I understand they will be set even lighter for EOT. Your wrists should make it OK. Only 4 stages a day. See you there!!

Happy Jack, the post you read is from last year when she WAS a TG! I got all excited when I read it because I thought things had changed and she was going to get to be there this year!!! But then I realized that was a post from 2006! :) Darn! I wish my friend was going!! I wonder if I could twist her arm....

We had the good fortune to meet Allie Mo at EoT last year. Nellie, twist her arm real good; we'd like to see her again!!! :)

Blackey, we'll see ya in a week or so!

Yah. Last year was my first at EOT. I thought I was pretty calm until the beep, then proceeded to miss 2 on the first stage. Never really recovered over 3 days and ended up with 6 or 7 misses and 2 bonuses.

THIS YEAR WILL BE DIFFERENT!!!!

Shot fast and clean today.....

.....sure hope I didn't peak early...... :)

Hi guys (and my dear friend Nellie Blue),

I wish I were going to EOT again in 2007. So far, I have only planned on attending one annual this year, the Nevada State Chamionship, El Dorado. "Be there or be square."

I hope life is back to normal in 2008 and I will see y'all at EOT!

Love y'alls! :)

Allie Mo

Allie Mo: We'll miss ya, dear!

Manatee: Last year was our first EoT, too. I thought I was calm, cool, and collected; then I got a P on my first stage! :)

Guest Snakebite, SASS #4767L

VANG:

I guess that you pulled strings to make sure we were not on the same posse! :) Any how.... I'll see you there. We are at opposite ends of the rotation. Connie and I will be at the same park where we were last year. This time in the upper area. Hope to see you and Linda. We are not leaving until monday.. week. See you at Chorro this Sunday.

Snakebite

ps...Those arn't jitters..... it's time to change your shorts.

Gettin the jitters here a lil myself. Only been shooting for a year, went to EOT as a spectator last year, because I felt I was not ready yet. Big mistake, shoulda shot. My first match ever I showed up at the local club, and wouldnt ya know it......Annual match....PRESSURE..... now my first match other than the monthly locals, EOT....HHMMM seems i like the pressure...lol

SS-D,

Excited? Why man I am coming 900 miles to see the elephant! Excited? I'm terrified! Mostly because I know eeeeggggssssaaaacccttttlllly how I did my first three stages at 5 Dogs last month. But, my DAMMITT brothers will be there, I am shooting on the same posse as Glittery Gym, so's there be lots of laughs, and there's POKER in the PM. Also, Ms. Pepper, LLC-D's bitter half, has promised to feed us all. So whats to worry?

See you soon pard, and REMEMBER, MORE SMOKE, DAMMITT!

Y-D

:)

whew!!!....feeling like i did when i first started racing AMA Superbike...butterflies, butterflies, butterflies... :D

first EOT...man o man am i excited... :D

headed out at first light this friday, stopping by Tombstone for the night on saturday then gonna pull into the EOT camp by 5pm...

see ya there!!!!!!!

Solvang Shootist... :)

480467[/snapback]

SS-D,

Excited? Why man I am coming 900 miles to see the elephant!  Excited?  I'm terrified!  Mostly because I know eeeeggggssssaaaacccttttlllly how I did my first three stages at 5 Dogs last month.  But, my DAMMITT brothers will be there, I am shooting on the same posse as Glittery Gym, so's there be lots of laughs, and there's POKER in the PM.  Also, Ms. Pepper, LLC-D's bitter half, has promised to feed us all.  So whats to worry?

See you soon pard, and REMEMBER, MORE SMOKE, DAMMITT!

Y-D

878938[/snapback]

WHY is everyone wantin' ta take my NAME?

There is nothing ta get all 'JITTERY' about, 'cept not havin' dark enough sunglasses ta protect your eyes from ME!

The clouds and the rain will be a welcome respit from all this warm sunny California weather.

I also look forward ta shootin and partyin' wit my DAMMITT pards as well as my new pards in the Dooley Gang.

Happy Trails to all, travel safe, and watch out fer road kill....

JJJ-D

:):D

My first year at EoT everybody said "it's just another match"....Yea, right!!!

This will be my 3rd time, I'm ready this time! Will concentrate on shooting, not costume contest ect.

881473[/snapback]

It better NOT be just another match....

I got too much into this to not have way too much fun!

Since I don't hafta worry about gettin' anywhere close to the top of my catagory I'm gonna do EVERYTHING!!

Well, almost. I did hafta forego my entry in the soiled doves contest, a time conflict...

wrong reality.

Look forward ta meetin' you in person Mr. "Rider".....

See ya in a few days.

JJJ-D

:):)

check list...

guns (two complete sets)...check

leather (ditto)...check

ammo (enough to start a reasonable war)...check

new gun cart...check

slicker...check

hat, boots, chaps...check

5th wheel pack with food & booze & clothes...double check

truck fueled...check

wife ready...almost

45 hours to departure... :)

geeeze this is gonna be a long wait... :)

SS :D

Youngblood Dammit,

You should have seen the look on Peppers face when I read " Also, Ms. Pepper, LLC-D's bitter half, has promised to feed us all" line in yer last entry.

Glittery G'yme we are waiting for you to arrive.

Solvang Dammit.....we got the bbq this time!

Waitin' anxiously for my pards to get here!

LLC-D

LLC-DAMMITT,

Tell Ms. Pepper thanks and "Bless her heart".

See you in a couple of days.

Y-DAMMITT

Youngblood Dammit,

You should have seen the look on Peppers face when I read " Also, Ms. Pepper, LLC-D's bitter half, has promised to feed us all" line in yer last entry.

LLC-D

882683[/snapback]

LLC-DAMMITT,

Tell Ms. Pepper thanks and "Bless her heart".

See you in a couple of days.

Y-DAMMITT

Youngblood Dammit,

LLC-D

882683[/snapback]

Not planning to leave Louisiana till early Sunday....that should give my wife time to get ready. she did make sure all my clothes are ready. Guns and ammo all packed should have enuff rounds to shoot each stage around 3 times. Extra leather, loading strips, surely I am forgetting something. Wife says we will probly have to rent a U-haul trailer jsut to load my stuff in.......still waiting to see how many bags she has.

Not planning to leave Louisiana till early Sunday....that should give my wife time to get ready.  she did make sure all my clothes are ready. Guns and ammo all packed should have enuff rounds to shoot each stage around 3 times.  Extra leather, loading strips, surely I am forgetting something.  Wife says we will probly have to rent a U-haul trailer jsut to load my stuff in.......still waiting to see how many bags she has.

882835[/snapback]

Getting Dressed

If there is one thing on earth that makes me depressed

It's sitting and waiting on the wife getting dressed.

I swear to watch her would make you insane

Some of her antics I'll try and explain.

Now we're asked out to this fancy 'do'

And I'm sitting shining from me head to me shoe.

I've shampooed and I've shaved and I've had a wee shower

All done you might say in a third of an hour.

But Maggie, she's different, I'll have you to know,

I can't think of a word that's that's slower than slow.

Now she'll not have a shower in case she might slide,

So the bath is filled and radox applied.

She'll slap and she'll splash, she'll sing and she'll laugh,

You'd swear there was a crocodile let loose in our bath!

She rubs and she scrubs and thon hair she got set,

It's tied back with a scarf in case it gets wet.

Then she dries herself well, with four towels or more,

And the powder she uses is like snow on the floor.

I believe she's a magician, cause from this box with a flap,

OUr Maggie can produce a full chemist's shop!

There's creams and there's lotions, all colours so bright,

And we dainty paint brushes - boy they're a sight!

There's lipstick and polish and bottles of spray,

And wee things to pull out those hairs that turned grey.

And the faces she makes - boys it's a tara!

As she thickly applies that stuff called mascara.

Then the back of her lugs are perfumed and scented,

Back luck to the day that stuff was invented!

How did the old folks do in the days that's gone by,

When there was no such thing as hairspray or dye?

For the price of one of those bottles, I swear there's no doubt,

A man could buy a full case of stout!

Now her makeup is on and she's powdered her nose,

But the worst bit of all is when she's picking her clothes!

There's no saying on earth that I bet will compare

To a woman saying, "I've got nothing to wear!"

In front of the wardrobe she twists and she whinges,

And the bloody thing sitting stuffed to the hinges!

With dresses all sizes and colours so gay,

Some meant for the sunshine or cold winters.

So with one hand on her hinch, and one on her chin,

She examines the contents that's hanging within.

Then the clanging of hangers rings aloud in me head,

As a dozen or so outfits are flung on the bed.

Now I sit and say nothing - for I know that it's best,

I'm sitting ready, she's the one that's not dressed.

In front of the mirror she'll stand and she'll grin,

The first one tried on as she pulls herself in.

She'll pivot, she'll smile, she'll pose and she'll sway,

"That doesn't look right!" as she throws it away.

The next one the same, she tries, then she throws,

Still complaining, "I've no bloody clothes!"

Now I try to ignore her, though she's hard now to miss,

Then my attention she demands "Do I look alright in this?"

"Oh Maggie it's perfect," is my instant reply,

And may God forgive me if I've told her a lie.

For this waiting and watching would drive you to tears,

I have been watching her antics these twenty odd years.

And the more that I watch, I think she's not wise,

When she's picking her clothes does she not think of her size?

Or maybe it's me, I'm just easy depressed,

Or is this the done thing when any women gets dressed?

She has me all confused I'm in a terrible state,

The 'do' was at nine, it's now ten, and we're late.

Archived