SASS Wire Forum

Are the Camping spots assigned

Blackey Cole

I wasn't at EOT last year. But have been to all the events since at the FR. Are the camping first come, fisrt choice or is it assigned. The reason I ask is I volunteered to be a RO and a Waddie and as such received two camping tickets with different numbers and will return one to thw WB upon arrival as I ONLY REQUIRE ONE. But if parking is assigned I want to check out which spot suits me the best. If not I really ohope to get a spot that is a short distance from the main road but not right on it and I would like to park my camper so I have shade in the evening. Otherwise it doesn't matter. I know that the FR members have their own spots as they should and will be on row three or four and up the hill away from the main area. Does anyone know how they did it last year and or how they will do it this year.

I really don't know but we were given a numbered camping pass. So we were figureing that was our site No. Good Question. We are leaving tomarrow. So for us we will have to find out in a week when we finally get there. Unless someone can answer this tonight. Not much help Blackey, But a good Question. NBC

Don't count on any shade, the camp sites were all freshly graded just before EOT last year and there was no sign of any trees in the area. Sorry

Hopefully it isn't a muddy mess again this year

Footloose

Blackey,

When we were up at the Ranch for the Invitational, I thought Chiz said that FR members were in the first 4 rows and the others were first come... That was a couple of weeks ago and things could have changed. When you get there, check out the angle of the trailers already in place. If you have your back in slightly facing the road, that should give you the shade you want. I was told that RO's had no set spot. That too could have changed. See you next week.

Shirley Shooter

It could have been 4 but I was thinking he said 3 but I am wrong from time to time. I was just worried about if the sites were preplanned or if it was first come. I should be there in a week as I found outthe problem with my leg hurt so much was arthritus and I will not be doing more harm to it I will just have to handle the pain involved. I originally had plan to head up on the 2nd of June but things came up to prevent that from happening and one was the pain in my leg and hip. But got the news today what the problem was as I tried to get an appointment a week or two ago and wasn't able to get it until this past Monday and the results of the X-Rays today. How is you wing doing Shirley?

Blackey,

Right arm is doing well. I shot the Buffalo Range Riders match on Sunday. Nothing to write home about, or on the list for that matter but I was able to shoot without the shotgun giving me any problems. Wore a shoulder pad just in case.

Sorry to hear about your leg but I know you're a real trooper and will be out there with the rest of us.

We checked out row 6 and found some nice level areas toward the back end of the row. Row 5 is not too bad either. We'll be staying there starting Wednesday night. Shakey can stay earlier but I'll be there Wednesday.

Shirley Shooter

Unless you are a Founders Club Member, the number on your parking pass is irrelevent.

There are different colors of passes. The color designates the parking area. You park in the area that corresponds to the pass color, first come first served. We will have folks there to point the way.

Campers who signed up early will park closer. Those who signed up later will be farther up the hill. Regardless of when you arrive.

Hope that helps. I'm just a tad busy making sure all the final office stuff is finished and on a truck outta here tomorrow, so I may not get here to answer any other questions until Monday.

Wild Shot

That helps some but I think I have two differnt colored passes, one for the ro and one for the waddie. See You soon Wildshot.

Archived