Honey Graceful

Me

Possibles (haven't heard yet fer sure);

Ima Peach

Querida Kate

Ramblin Rose

No Purse Nez

Thunder Maid

Hopefully at least as many as last year, but more is ALWAYS better!

Bama Belle, Boston Lady, Honey Graceful, Mad Mable, No Purse Nez, Penny Wrangler, Prarie Scooter, Querida Kate, Ramblin Rose and then it looks like several more shooting Ladies Frontier Cartridge Duelist.

Don't forget to bring out your purple soot sister feather for your hat. Also, my hubby's company, Great Basin Cartridge, is the Shootist Sponsor for Ladies Frontier Cartridge. We have purple rabbits feet for every soot sister . . . be sure to stop by the booth and collect yours before the main match. :D

Guest Cactus Cris SASS#2790

And just to add---All Soot Sister's are welcome in the cart corral to clean up yer toys. I will have all kinds of cleaning tools and supplies. BB can attest to this. She and Lou G. spent many hrs. spinning tall tales of sootness in there at WR.

Not shooting this year--working as a Waddie. But am working up my arsenal and setting up to reload BP shotshells. Am also waiting for my 1887 from Coyote Cap. ;) Will be buying my BP cartridges from Great Basin for a long time, but may get to the point of reloading them somewhere down the line.

Penny Wrangler: I'll contact you about ordering cartridges for you to bring to EOT. :D

Ima Darlin' and Ima Peach are both shooting Ladies Frontier Cartridge Duelist. I think there is at least one more. Wish there were lots more!

Ima Peach: I had Iona Vaquero try out the sooty stuff this weekend and she is thinking about moving over from Ladies Gunfighter. Trying to convince her to become a Soot Sister. She is a partner in Great Basin too so she definitely has access to the stuff! Keep your fingers crossed and I might have another LFCD for you. :D

Pie Crust: Hi! Just get your order in as early as possible. They are getting a lot of requests for ammo to be brought to EOT.

See ya'll soon. Stop by the Great Basin Cartridge booth and pick up your purple rabbits foot. I need to go back to eBay and get some more. Great news! ;)

Penny Wrangler: Please keep working on Iona Vaquero. The more, the merrier! It's just not as much fun when you have no one to compete with! :D

Can't wait to get to EOT and meet more Soot Sisters. We get a few more every year. I wish more would try Duelist.

See ya there...

Peach ;)

Don't forget to get your purple feather for your hat. Surest way to get yourself identified with the Soot Sisters. We're easy to spot that way.

I'll be sure to pass on to Iona that the LFCD are inviting her over. She had a good time but switching over to a double was interesting . . . I remember that switch.

I actually bought a pair of Ruger 32s with the idea of shooting LFCD. My hands and more importantly my fingers are so short that I can't cock my regular main match guns one handed. This year we've had so much on our plates that I didn't think taking the time to learn to shoot duelist was in the cards but I'm hopeful that maybe at EOT 2007 I'll be ready to give it a go. I'm a bit worried about misses being called because some spotter can't see the hit because of the smoke & then can't hear a 32 hit either. Regardless of how benefit goes to the shooter it will still be an issue I think. Gotta work on the perfect load that dings nice & loud but doesn't blow those 32s all over the place.

In the meantime I'll be over in the "crowded" category. :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Wilbur Rexroat, SASS #12515, Lif

I am considering changing from lady gunfighter to lady frontier cartridge duelist, just not quite sure!!!

:blink: This is Rose Louise on posting on Wilbur's computer:D

Rose Louise,

I hope you'll make the switch. If you can shoot gunfighter you should be a great duelist.

Bama Belle and I exchanged several emails regarding her switch to duelist and I'm looking forward to meeting her in person. Please join us!

I'm sorry to say that Ima Darlin' isn't going to make it to EOT, afterall, so we now have one fewer LFCD.

See ya there,

Peach :blink:

Yep - Ima Peach finally talked me into it!

I even went so far as to go out and pr...., pra....., prac..., aw, you know, try and shoot some that way before EoT

It's a lot harder to untrain "Traditional" muscle memory than I thought!

:blink:

Ouch! That "P" word. Bama, take it easy on me! I want to try to envision that no one is practicing, just like me. :D

Life has busted loose here and shooting has had to take a back burner in the daily scheme of things. Bad timing right before EOT and all.

We're building a new house, sold our current home in a week, have to move into a duplex since the new house won't be ready until October, and are throwing our annual match the weekend we leave to go to EOT. Nope, no stress here in the Puffbuster family. :huh:

I'm pretty sure it won't be my most stellar match ever. :blink: Good thing we get to socialize and shop . . . I can do those without practicing. :P

No Purse Nez here:

Just thought I would give a word to the wise........

We shot Mule Camp this weekend and from what I can hear 7 BP shooters were protested and their ammo tested during the BP Shootout. (Thursday Match) Out of the seven only two passed the smoke test. Several (not sure how many) of those were 32's. 1 38 cal. was using 125 gr. bullet with BP, but I didn't hear how much powder they claimed to be loading. Some people at MC seemed to think lighter weight bullets produced less smoke.

The new rules have got the folks looking long and hard at shooters and their calibers and the amount of smoke they make. Min. requirement is "to make smoke equivalent to 15gr or 1cc." I am not real sure what that exactly means, but it could have an effect on our loads.

I am going to play it safe (not take any chances) and use 158gr bullets and more than 1 CC black powder sub. (APP or 777)

Just thought you might want to know this info. There were some very disappointed folks at Mule Camp.

All right Rose!

I'm hoping that we can get ALL the smokey-shooting ladies, LFC & LFCD, together for photo ops sometime during EoT - probably will do it Sunday, like we did at Winter Range.

If a definite time/place is decided upon, word will be left at Cactus Cris' Cart Corral, you know, that "Purveyor of fine, wheeled, firearms conveyances" & the official Black Powder Cleaning Station!

---------------------------

No Purse, just curious....of the shooters tested, do you happen to know how many were regular BP competitors (as opposed to "I'll just try it this one time" competitors) shooting their standard "any match" ammo?

Just thinking that perhaps some were dabbling without realizing the "less powder - more filler" consequences.

Rosie, I think I have an extra purple ostritch feather in with the Great Basin stuff we took to Winter Range. I will try to look and if I have it I will certainly bring it. Courtesy of GBCC.

eBay is a great place to find the feathers too as well as the local craft stores.

Bama, if you get me the info on the photos we can put up a sign at the GBCC booth also as well as the cleaning station. I don't know if I'll get over to the station all that often, probably just to visit.

I'm thinking the that TG meeting will have some interesting discussions as to what happened at Mule Camp and how the standard is enforced or if it needs to be clarified further. Just shoot stuff that you know smokes and all willl be well. The fact I can't see the targets unless there is a stiff breeze/wind tells me I'm ok. Plus I know what we load. This is a good time to check out your loads though and if in doubt err to the side of caution.

We're going to have fun ladies! :blink:

Bama,

No Purse here again:

Not sure about whom the folks were at MC. Black Hills Blackey was one and he passed with flying colors. Or should I say smoke. :blink: Not sure why they even tested his. I have seen him shoot and his are boomers. I assume the other folks do not shoot BP on a regular basis, very few do. (Except for folks like us) :P

San Quinten (?? Sp) says that 125 grain bullets will not smoke as much as the 158gr. My concern is that if the standard calls for 15 gr. equiv. of powder then why are we even worried about bullet size? If they would go ahead and pass a min. for both bullet and powder it would be in black and white...problem solved! Oh well............... :huh:

There is such an issue about all this. I will not take any chances. To far to go to EOT and risk it. :-)

Guest Wilbur Rexroat, SASS #12515, Lif

WAHOO :D I just got my ammo from Great Basin today. Thank you, Penny, so much for the purple feather :D:D:D ! I can't wait to try the ammo at the Ohio State Championship this weekend.

To Bama Belle,if you get together for a picture we will be leaving Saturday the 24th after the stage are finished.

Thank you again Penny, I AM READY!

P.S. This is Rose Louise on Wilbur's computer, again.

LADIES!

The group photo session will be Sunday, around 1 PM.

Location details (when nailed down) will be available at the Cart Corral & the Great Basin Cartridge Company tent. We'll have to scout out the best background for this great photo!

Any cowboys or cowgirls out there that fancy themselves a pho-tee-ographer are welcome to come snap pix! (hint - please come and snap pix!)

Make sure to wear your irons & feathers for the photos!

But remember, after 2:30 pm no guns are allowed in town.

Bama,

No Purse here again:

Not sure about whom the folks were at MC. Black Hills Blackey was one and he passed with flying colors. Or should I say smoke. :D Not sure why they even tested his. I have seen him shoot and his are boomers. I assume the other folks do not shoot BP on a regular basis, very few do. (Except for folks like us) B)

San Quinten (?? Sp) says that 125 grain bullets will not smoke as much as the 158gr. My concern is that if the standard calls for 15 gr. equiv. of powder then why are we even worried about bullet size? If they would go ahead and pass a min. for both bullet and powder it would be in black and white...problem solved! Oh well............... :D

There is such an issue about all this. I will not take any chances. To far to go to EOT and risk it. :-)

467896[/snapback]

No Purse -

This has turned into such a hullabaloo that one has no options but to "play it safer" just in case. I know that my rounds smoke just fine and there isn't an issue whatsoever but still I'm leaving my pet pistol rounds at home and we put an extra grain or so in the rounds we loaded up for EOT. All because while we know our regular rounds are fine, we have no idea how someone else using only their "eyeballs" will judge our rounds. Not to mention that since there is no actually published standard for what the test rounds will be at the match and if those test rounds are consistant from match to match.

If there was a challenge I know that we would pass but in the meantime your head just got so far out of "the game" you possibly could never recover. But you know that there are going to be those that smoke and those that smoke less and all can be well within the standard. It's going to be interesting to see what happens. :D

Personally I'm not going to give it a second thought now and just go have fun. But, I'm with you on this one . . . too far to go to get switched over to Ladies Traditional . . . just came from there after last EOT.

See you guys soon . . . B)

Oh & Bama, let us know as soon as we figure out where that photo is going to be. We'll get signs made up and posted! Maybe the wild flowers will be blooming.

:D Penny

Penny

No Purse Here

I can't wait to meet everyone at EOT. It's nice to have our own little soot sister group. Maybe they will make a movie about us one day. :-) Instead of Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants it will be called Sisterhood of the Traveling Soot Sisters. (or something like that) :D:D:D:DB)

Guest sawyer#34250

Hey, Ima Peach, What happened to Ima Darlin--was going to say hi to her. Hope all is ok.

How come a woman shooter can enter Frontier Cartridge Category, but a man cannot enter Ladies Frontier Cartridge. Sounds like blatant sexism and total discrimination to me. It doesn't matter to me though, because I can finish last in any category :D:D

Archived