SASS Wire Forum

Made A Young Lady Cry Today

Posted (edited)

I went down to one of the local feed stores to pick up a couple of horse shoes that I put onto the front of the carriage on the gun carts that I build. I went to the aisle where the horse shoes were and picked out a couple of them and took them up to the counter. I laid them down and the young lady, probably just out of high school asks me if I was just buying 2 of them. I told her , yes, just 2 of them for my 2 legged horse. She said she’d never heard of a 2 legged horse before and I told her that back in the 1970’s they even wrote a song about riding across the desert on a 2 legged  horse. She was incredulous, I guess I should have stopped there but I then told her that my 2 legged horse trots around in a circle all day and the reason it wears out it’s shoes so fast is that it pivots on its front leg and uses it’s one back leg to trot around in a circle all day. She didn’t say anything but then I noticed a tear running down her cheek and realized that she thought I really had a poor 2 legged horse.

Well I felt pretty bad and her boss had just finished up with another customer and told her not to believe a word that I said and that I didn’t have a 2 legged horse. I apologized and her boss helped her finish up the sale and handed me the 2 horse shoes and said “Left front and left rear, right?’“ I’ve done that at that store probably 15-20 times over the last 4-5 years and this was the first time that the cashier reacted like that. 

Edited by Yul Lose
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 14

4 minutes ago, PaleWolf Brunelle, #2495L said:

Great for round pen work and herding side-hill cattle. B)

Not the greatest for horse racing though, they rarely win by a nose. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Yul Lose said:

I went down to one of the local feed stores to pick up a couple of horse shoes that I put onto the front of the carriage on the gun carts that I build. I went to the aisle where the horse shoes were and picked out a couple of them and took them up to the counter. I laid them down and the young lady, probably just out of high school asks me if I was just buying 2 of them. I told her , yes, just 2 of them for my 2 legged horse. She said she’d never heard of a 2 legged horse before and I told her that back in the 1970’s they even wrote a song about riding across the desert on a 2 legged  horse. She was incredulous, I guess I should have stopped there but I then told her that my 2 legged horse trots around in a circle all day and the reason it wears out it’s shoes so fast is that it pivots on its front leg and uses it’s one back leg to trot around in a circle all day. She didn’t say anything but then I noticed a tear running down her cheek and realized that she thought I really had a poor 2 legged horse.

Well I felt pretty bad and her boss had just finished up with another customer and told her not to believe a word that I said and that I didn’t have a 2 legged horse. I apologized and her boss helped her finish up the sale and handed me the 2 horse shoes and said “Left front and left rear, right?’“ I’ve done that at that store probably 15-20 times over the last 4-5 years and this was the first time that the cashier reacted like that. 

You’re terrible! I love it!:lol:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Texas Joker said:

The internet does not disappoint 

image.png.a4dee11425058d0838052ca4aff3ef6c.png

Yul Lose should have that made into a wallet sized photograph for his next visit to the feed store. :D

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2