SASS Wire Forum

handcuffs

Alpo

Some 45 years ago I was a security guard, and as such I had a pair of Smith & Wesson handcuffs.

I was reminiscing about them the other day - wondering what the hell happened to them - and wondered how much they cost these days. I think I paid about $7 way back then.

A24-BK4508DL.jpg

This is the type I had. Three or four chain links in between the two cuffs.

But when I went to Amazon, figuring that would be the easiest place to find some, my choices were quite limited.

There were toy cuffs, for children to play police. Grown up toy cuffs, for like Halloween costumes. Fluffy cuffs, for your basic bondage type.

And these

Police-Professional-3-Hinged-Steel-Handc

So now I am wondering if police still use the type with the three or four links between the cuffs, or if they have all gone to this hinge type?

Link type are still sold at the local cop supply store. More than $7 but not sure of the current price. I am not in a force and was not shopping for toys. Fluffy? Really? :lol:

• Haha 1

When I went through the corrections academy we were shown a full body "cuff" (think of a cross with cuffs for extremities). I told the class sergeant that my wife had a birthday coming up and those could come in handy. He didn't even smile. 

BS

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, PaleWolf Brunelle, #2495L said:

Try a search for "police supplies"
This came up in <3 seconds:

https://aaapolicesupply.com/duty-gear/handcuffs/

Well, like I said. I went to Amazon and I did a search on handcuffs, and I got the toys and the bondage and hinged. And then I did a search on handcuffs police, and all that came up was the hinged.

I dug deep in the memory and recalled that it was a Smith & Wesson 100 that I had, and when I said I was looking for a Smith & Wesson 100 they popped up. But when I asked simply for handcuffs police, all that came up were the hinged.

3 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Handy when arresting a gondopore.

Are you sure about that word?

Screenshot_20240615-204914.thumb.png.8a17c1e0891f45738df8c868f6ecf780.png

3 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Imagine, a creature so elusive that even the internet search engines don’t know about it.

• Haha 2

Use neckties, silk if you can. They don’t leave marks like handcuffs. So nobody will ask what happened to you at lunch when they see your wrists.

I think I read that somewhere.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Lawdog Dago Dom said:

Use neckties, silk if you can. They don’t leave marks like handcuffs. So nobody will ask what happened to you at lunch when they see your wrists.

I think I read that somewhere.

Hey, that wasn’t the tie you had on this morning, was it?

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Alpo said:

Some 45 years ago I was a security guard, and as such I had a pair of Smith & Wesson handcuffs.

I was reminiscing about them the other day - wondering what the hell happened to them - and wondered how much they cost these days. I think I paid about $7 way back then.

A24-BK4508DL.jpg

This is the type I had. Three or four chain links in between the two cuffs.

Have you checked your headboard posts? :blush:

• Haha 2