SASS Wire Forum

Weight mile stone.

I hit 193 pounds this afternoon.  

That's a loss of 100 pounds in 22 months...and almost nothing fits any more.  

I've stayed ahead of jeans and have some new shirts, but I don't have many hats that still fit, most of my coats (that I don't use a lot in this climate) are way too big now, and I can walk out of much of my wardrobe.  My semi dress slacks are baggy beyond belief, but I don't wear them enough to worry about it right now. Even my boots and boot socks are loose, and come winter I'll need new gloves.  The old ones are nearly worn out anyway, but still....!

I had to buy a new dress shirt a month back so I could go to a wedding and I only had dress shirts the size of camping tents.  I had to remember how to tie a Windsor knot again because a four-in-and didn't take up enough slack.

I do feel good though, better than I have in many, many moons.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

40 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

I hit 193 pounds this afternoon.  

That's a loss of 100 pounds in 22 months...and almost nothing fits any more.  

I've stayed ahead of jeans and have some new shirts, but I don't have many hats that still fit, most of my coats (that I don't use a lot in this climate) are way too big now, and I can walk out of much of my wardrobe.  My semi dress slacks are baggy beyond belief, but I don't wear them enough to worry about it right now. Even my boots and boot socks are loose, and come winter I'll need new gloves.  The old ones are nearly worn out anyway, but still....!

I had to buy a new dress shirt a month back so I could go to a wedding and I only had dress shirts the size of camping tents.  I had to remember how to tie a Windsor knot again because a four-in-and didn't take up enough slack.

I do feel good though, better than I have in many, many moons.

Awesome!!!

Well done Sir!

Congratulations Forty Rod tell me how to lose 75 pounds!

Congratulations Forty Rod. That is quite and achievement. Since I retired I have gained weight. I need to knock that off and then some…a lot of “some”. :lol:
I am very happy for you. Keep up the good work. 

Good for you, Pard!   SB

Well.......!

I was so happy with my loss that I celebrated last night.

A good English roast, mashed potatoes, brown beef gravy, Cranberry Delight salad, a dinner roll with jalapeno jelly, sarsaparilla, and a slice of lattice top Dutch apple pie with vanilla ice cream.

Just weighed myself.

Gained 6 pounds over night.

Still under 200, but a lot of the joy disappeared.

You'd think that after 82 years I'd have learned better.  :angry:

In answer to those who want to know how I lost that weight, it doesn't take will power!

However, it does take won't power!

I still eat most of what I did before.  I added some fresh produce but not a lot, mostly things like bananas, blue berries, an apple or two  week and the same amount of oranges, pears, and sweet onions.  Still very little green leafy vegetables.  I've cut way back on bread and sweets.  Sweets I still have, but I don't eat large servings any more.  One or two potato chips or crackers instead of half a bag or box. One piece of toast, not two or three.  A half can of soup or chili rather than the whole can.  I get to use a lot of left-overs that way, too.  A single piece of beef jerky lasts longer than potato chips of the same size and are more filling, too.

The dog and I share a "fun size" 3 Musketeers or Snickers every night and I'll get a maple bar about twice a month.  I eat when I'm actually hungry, not because something made me think of food.  I stopped watching cooking shows when I stopped watching TV.  I turned off my cable TV  and have no broadcast connections at all.  It saves money, my sanity, and so much false or questionable crap in my life that I'm calmer and more pleasant to be around....and stop that that laughing!

I plan meals ahead to a larger degree, but I'm not spending a lot of time or effort on it.

I drink about a gallon of water a day spread out over 18 hours.  A product called Propel gives me the electrolytes I was missing.   I've cut back on salt.   The salt I use is Real Salt from a place in Utah (via Amazon).  It has a unique flavor, but it doesn't overwhelm anything.  I use some "taste enhancers" (as my Mon called them) like fresh ground pepper, Tabasco sauce, HP sauce and A-1, soy sauce, lemon salt, lemon sugar, and some prepared seasonings.

I scan labels to avoid artificial sweeteners, chemicals I can't pronounce or spell, and anything that has an  excess of sodium. 

I don't drink alcoholic beverages and don't smoke.  Those are personal choices that caused me a lot of grief in the past so I stopped using them.  Side note: I figure I've saved the cost of a Corvette in the 24 years since I quit.  It's been better for my health and paid for  whole passel of guns.

I'm not preaching nor saying what worked for me will work for everyone.  I found something I could live with and forced myself to stick with it.  The results are still working for me so I'll get to my target weight of 180 before too long.  Then I can start working on resahping my bod and getting some muscle back where it was before.

BTW, I still eat out with the Marine Corps League, some cowboy shooters, and with friends at the Senior Center, plus once or twice a week just because.

• Like 6

Like I said, it worked for me.  Each of you will have to get your own set of dos and don'ts, set them down on paper and come hell or high water STICK TO THEM!

And don't expect overnight results, and don't get discouraged.  It doesn't work that way. Patience and won't power will pay off.