SASS Wire Forum

AR-15 Ammunition

7 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Does Dillon or RCBS make loading dies for that?

As a former Wildcatter, I wonder if I could neck that down to say.223???????????????

I like the 25 calibers better so maybe a 257 roberts x57mm howitzer 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Skeeter Skelton had a fictional character named Jug Johnson. In one of the tales, Ol’ Jug tried to neck a 50 BMG to 44 caliber and build a revolver for it. 

It’s still one of the funniest stories ever written. I’ll try to find it online. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

Skeeter Skelton had a fictional character named Jug Johnson. In one of the tales, Ol’ Jug tried to neck a 50 BMG to 44 caliber and build a revolver for it. 

It’s still one of the funniest stories ever written. I’ll try to find it online. 

I remember reading about someone who built a 50 bmg pistol.  The photos showed some pretty impressive fireballs.  

After shooting a Thompson Center pistol with a 10” barrel using hot 30-30 loads at a couple of Silhouette matches I have no interest in even seeing a 50 BMG handgun. :lol: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Pat Riot said:

After shooting a Thompson Center pistol with a 10” barrel using hot 30-30 loads at a couple of Silhouette matches I have no interest in even seeing a 50 BMG handgun. :lol: 

The BFR in 30-30, an almost practical revolver... almost,  is a 6 shot fireball machine.  :D

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

I miss Skeeter's tales.

I read Skeeter's writings a little every month just to keep his work fresh in my mind.  Because pure enjoyment.

• Like 2