SASS Wire Forum

Maps of Founder's Ranch?

OK, got print outs of the reams of information regarding the schedule for shooting and entertainment.

Got directions on how to get to the gate of Founder's Ranch.

Is there any maps of the facility itself for us first-timers?

Where the Belle Union and other places are in relation to the shooting line and camping areas and parking areas?

I hope so.

And I hope someone can point me to one.

Thanks in advance,

Guest Miss Ruby Redsmoke, SASS #48421

Last year we got maps with the shooters packs when they were sent out.

Guest sawyer#34250

From the gate everything is then downhill :rolleyes: Actually I thought it was well laid out last year. Firing Bays are self-explanatory and all the vendors and everything else is along what you might call "Main Street". Shoot real fast and you will have time to wander :wub:B)

Come in the gate you pass the camping areas, pass them to the day parking. Go down the street with vendors on both sides. The range runs parallel to the street. The new additions from last year will be that the Bell Union(I think) will be right on the social side of the center bay with a 40 foot building on each side of it with the vendors who bought a spot in the first buildings. The Bell Union should be in a open metal building if I have everything straight this year. But as we all know that can change. I will be heading back up to th ranch to help with the first two buildings again tomorrow. And will shoot the monthly match this weekend. If I find out anything different I will correct the post next week if I can find it.

There are two gates. Shooters etc. use the one on Barton Road (north south road) about a 1/2 mile south of the Juan Thomas Road.

The gate on Juan Thomas Road (east west road, 1/4 mile east of Barton Road) is used only for Fire, Police, Ambulance, etc.

Hedley, look at this picture. http://www.kimandbarrymckenzie.com/EoT2005...ges/FR2_JPG.htm

See the road that goes down beside the camping area...that's the road that you will come in on.

In this picture there is another road behind the tents and the shooting bays are just over there. http://www.kimandbarrymckenzie.com/EoT2005...s/Town2_JPG.htm That's VIP parking at the end of the road that you are looking at.

This picture http://www.kimandbarrymckenzie.com/EoT2005...kwagon1_JPG.htm is just about the middle of town. you can see that there are rows of tents running down each side. SHooting bays will be at the right side of this picture and the Belle Union is to the left just out of the picture.

The big tent in this picture is the Belle Union http://www.kimandbarrymckenzie.com/EoT2005...ges/FR2_JPG.htm

It's really not hard to find your way around. Think of the "town" and vendor area as a race track. The berms are in the position that the stadium area would be.

• 4 weeks later...

It depends on where you are in the camping area. They have shuttles that run back and forth so getting your stuff down and back is almost easy. You catch the shuttle at the road end of the camping/trailer lanes. If you are at the bottom of the hill it's an easy walk down and catch the shuttle back up! Enjoy EOT - it's a blast......

Plano

When you get to Founders Ranch, you will be directed to the proper area to park. Then, you go to SASS headquarters, (just ask some one, not hard to find) and check in. Your shooter's packet will have a map of the facility in it.

Wild Shot

This will be our first time at End of Trail too. The question my wife keeps asking me is how are meals handled? Will there be food available there? Is it an extra charge for the shooters for food, or is some food included in the entry fee?

There will be venders selling food and beverages. If you're staying in Albuquerque, you may want to stop by Walmart, (Eubank freeway exit) pick up a cooler, fill it with ice and some food for sandwiches, etc. It will be hot and you'll want to be drinking a lot of water.

Should be a lot of fun. Just be prepared for the altitude and heat.

Shirley Shooter

Archived