SASS Wire Forum

Stock cover for Uberti Trapper/Carbine

Cibola Al

I recently picked up a Cimarron Trapper model that I’m having converted to Cowboy 45 Special. I like stock covers as they help keep the butt in place and generally make the rifle more comfortable for me to shoot. Unfortunately my go to cover guy doesn’t offer a trapper/carbine model. Are any of you running a cover on your Uberti trapper/carbine? If so, I’d love to see some pictures. ~ Al

The trapper carbine has the same buttstock as all other '66 / '73 carbines.  Cimarron sells one (made by El Paso Saddlery):

https://www.cimarron-firearms.com/competition-butt-tamer.html

But really, all of the leather guys make covers for the carbine, so your "go-to" guy sounds pretty limited

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

The trapper carbine has the same buttstock as all other '66 / '73 carbines.  Cimarron sells one (made by El Paso Saddlery):

https://www.cimarron-firearms.com/competition-butt-tamer.html

But really, all of the leather guys make covers for the carbine, so your "go-to" guy sounds pretty limited

Certainly that may be true, but his quality is exceptional and the price is reasonable. As far as the other leather guys making covers for the carbine, my rudimentary search skills haven’t turned up much other than Kirkpatrick. That’s why I figured I’d ask here.

If your leather guy is close to you, he could make a pattern from your carbine.

Mernickle offers an inexpensive suede cover that has the corners cut out so it is pretty much one size fits all.  Gunstockcover.com makes really nice ones (and pricier)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

'Reasonable' price is always relative, but imho Ricochet Roy's stock covers are worth the money. I have ordered three from him: one for my Uberti 73 rifle, one for a Huglu hammered coach and one custom made for my Shilo Sharps (a gun model he doesn't list). 

Edited by Equanimous Phil
Typo
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Equanimous Phil said:

'Reasonable' price is always relative, but imho Ricochet Roy's stock covers are worth the money. I have ordered three from him: one for my Uberti 73 rifle, one for a Huglu hammered coach and one custom made for my Shilo Sharps (a gun model he doesn't list). 

This is the guy for high quality leather.

• Like 1

Check out Michigan rattler, he can customize and add some personality to it. Tell em mean gun sent ya

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1