SASS Wire Forum

LET’S START SOMETHING!!

I renewed my SASS membership today and ordered my 20yr pin.

I got into an interesting conversation about life membership while I was on the phone.  I suggested that they should set up an installment plan similar to the one that I participated in for my NRA life membership.

I was told that it has and is being considered!!  

Being on a fixed income, the nut is a little too steep for some of us, myself included, but a monthly or quarterly payment schedule would be doable.

If enough of us can make the request, perhaps the powers that be will come up with a plan that would let us do it!!

• Like 3

that nut is large and exactly why i bought both my SASS and NRA life memberships before i retired , i knew things were going to get a little tighter after or at least a lot less discressional , 

• Thanks 1

They’ve done it before (that’s how I got my life membership), so maybe they’ll do it again. Midnight Rider’s is due to be renewed soon so I’ll try to remember to mention it a payment plan for life.

• Thanks 1

Lets do the math.  It's $900 for a Lifetime membership and $69 annually.  That means that if I pony up for the annual membership, it will take me over 13 years to break even.  I think leaving the money in a money market account currently paying 5%, I will come out much better by continuing to pay annually.  If the Lifetime membership was $500, it would be much more appealing.   However, if you want to do it for the purpose of supporting SASS, then the monetary consideration is irrelevant.