SASS Wire Forum

reloading pistol on clock

Irish Pat

I had a factory loaded pistol cartridge that did not go off. Stage the pistol and continued. it was a miss.could i have reloaded and continued to keep a clean match going or is it just too bad? Irish ☘️ Pat

7 minutes ago, Irish Pat said:

I had a factory loaded pistol cartridge that did not go off. Stage the pistol and continued. it was a miss.could i have reloaded and continued to keep a clean match going or is it just too bad? Irish ☘️ Pat

I just asked this question the other day. You could have loaded the 6th chamber on the clock and shot the target. 

1 hour ago, Irish Pat said:

You could have the 6th chamber on either revolver. 

Randy

It is also acceptable for a shooter to replace defective (bad primer?) rounds in a cartridge revolver in order to successfully complete a stage. Even if a revolver has a “squib” (effectively putting that firearm out of commission), the shooter MAY reload the functioning revolver to finish the shooting string after making the malfunctioning firearm safe.

SOURCE

Archived