SASS Wire Forum

balance of nature and blood sugar

I decided to try balance of nature even though it is so expensive.  One thing I noticed is that after the 3rd day my sugar would get to between 92 and 120 around bedtime and sometimes drop lower into the night but be at 135 or so when I woke up.  Usually it was 170 to 180 or higher at bedtime and 175 when I woke up and rarely ever got below 100.  After a week I decided to skip balance of nature and the result was back up above 200 .  I restarted balance of nature and even on bad days when it went above 200 it didn't stay there and is now at 120 at 8pm when before balance of nature by this time my dexcom is beeping I'm above 200.  

I plan to consult my dr to see what the ingredient is that might be doing that.  Im wondering if anyone else has had similar results.

• Thanks 1

not really but , i did start taking it a week before i experienced my brady cardia event , im not saying it caused it nor that it even contributed to it but it was the only thing that had changed in my life at that time , i no longer take it 

The first question that comes to mind is, "Do your eating habits change at all when you are taking BoN?". Next is, "Which of the BoN products are you taking?"

If it works for you, it works for you, but I'm skeptical of the claims that BoN makes for its products.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Subdeacon Joe said:

If it works for you, it works for you, but I'm skeptical of the claims that BoN makes for its products.

I'm skeptical of the claims that ALL these "miracle diet" makers come out with. If you read the fine print in their commercials, (you usually have to pause the commercial to read it all), you see that most of them only claim 8-14 pounds, when used with a proper diet and exercise plan. If I could stick to a proper diet and exercise plan I probably wouldn't BE overweight. 

Of course for me, I've already stopped eating as much as I used to AND I'm going to the gym and working out three times a week and I'm STILL a Fat Guy. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

you see that most of them only claim 8-14 pounds, when used with a proper diet and exercise plan.

As my wife puts it, "Eat less, exercise more,  use our product."

That's why I  asked about modifications in diet.

However,  there are some spices that do help to moderate blood sugar. 

Edited by Subdeacon Joe
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

However,  there are some spices that do help to moderate blood sugar. 

Cinnamon being one. I'm already on Metformin and Pioglitazone for Type II Diabetes. They're working to keep my A1C down, though not as well as Ozempic. Trouble is that I can't afford Ozempic. While I was taking it my A1C was nearly in the normal range. 

I have changed a lot of things, no more sweet tea, Keto bread for my turkey sandwiches, whole grain pasta, popcorn instead of chips, and after eating anything I down a handful of cashews. 

Besides the gym, I've taken to taking a short walk everyday. I hope to be able to make it a longer walk if my hips start cooperating. 

All that aside, over the years, I tried several of the various "plans" and none of them did a thing for me. 

• Thanks 2

I think it’s a modern version Snake oil. No thanks, I’ll just do less carbs and more veggies and fruit myself. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

my die stayed the same.  Ive not had sweet tea or soda in years, only water or milk or coffee. I found that pecan butter made by a local farmer that ships nationwide helps bring high sugar down(godsons pecans.com)  boiled eggs with no salt also helps.  but eating balanced meals was not bringing the A1C down but a little.  my weight is good.  I don't think they are helping my energy but if the balance of nature works then great.  I am taking the 3 vegetable and 3 fruits each day.  one or the other had zero effect.  

I figure a spice or herb mixed with both must be helping.  Jardiance is $600 a month, balance of nature is 90 a month.  if I can get it to work then life gets cheaper.  

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

The first question that comes to mind is, "Do your eating habits change at all when you are taking BoN?". Next is, "Which of the BoN products are you taking?"

so mine didnt but then i was only on it for less than a month , good thing is after my pacemaker implant im not on any restrictions at all , [not like im going to give anything up these days or add anything] but i no longer take that - for no good reason at all other than i did right before this happened , im not one to talke stuff anyway tho i only did it cause the wife thought it might be a good thing , im not sure if it is or is not , im not taking anything as always 

• Like 1

In the end, diabetes management all comes down to Diet.
No amount of drugs, pills or snake oil will do the job if you refuse to stop consuming carbs.

meme.sightgags.food.ice.no.carb.gluten.free.inc.details.sfw.jpg

Edited by bgavin
otter kurrect
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1