SASS Wire Forum

Gun breakdown or malfunction on the line

Quiet Burp

You can take a while... I had to reload one pistol 3 times to get 5 shots off.  Sounds like everyone was happy the ordeal was over... me especially! Last stage of the match... if it'd been the first, I mighta taken the misses... 

https://youtu.be/n7YWNCbw8OA

Edited by Griff
  • Like 2

On 2/27/2024 at 6:29 PM, Tennessee williams said:

But, ultimately it IS the fault of the shooter their gun broke or their ammo malfunctioned. The typical stage is 10-10-4. The time limit(Synonymous with maximum stage time) for that stage is 150 seconds. That's 2minutes and 30 seconds, almost a full minute under the limit of our timers. As a TO, I have a LOT more important stuff to do other than get my pocket watch out and keep track of the timer rolling over especially with a shooter working on a live firearm. That is nowhere in the RO1,2, or 3 manual. 

You have one, and only one, duty as a TO. To Safely Assist the Shooter Through the Course of Fire. Anything else is gravy.

On 2/29/2024 at 7:04 AM, Flying W Ramrod said:

You have one, and only one, duty as a TO. To Safely Assist the Shooter Through the Course of Fire. Anything else is gravy.

Yessir. That is why I was confused by your comment below. Watching my shooter is a LOT more important than getting my stopwatch out to count how many times my timer has rolled over and reset to zero. It doesn't matter how many times it rolls over anyhow because it will be more time than the maximum scorable stage time anyway. If it takes them 20 minutes to fix their firearm, they will still only score 5 seconds per target plus 30 seconds. Not really fair to the shooter who keeps their guns and ammo functioning if you ask me. Jmo

Screenshot_20240301_154329_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d7eef595c965a23cbd8277fef274442a.jpg

Guess I am lucky.  In 28yrs of shooting and being a TO at CAS matches, in 9 different western states, have never seen a shooter take more than, let's say 20 seconds, to try to solve a firearm problem and go on and finish a stage.  

Stuff happens, and you just go on and have a happy life.

• Like 1