SASS Wire Forum

400K in Ford Trucks Stolen

They are not worth a half a million dollars

Ford charges a half million dollars for them.

There is a difference.

I saw that $400k figure and thought... "Wow, they stole 4 trucks?"

I drove by the local Ford dealer a while back and so those huge price tags in the windows.
No wonder there are 50+ unsold Fords alongside HW99 in Fresno...

When I picked up my new Tacoma in Fresno on December 5, the Toyota finance guy told me Ford hadn't moved a single truck in 60 days.
This was very different from the Toyota dealership where they only get one at a time after they sell they one they just received.

I'm not surprised, as there were others fighting over my truck, should I have not gotten there in 24 hours with a cashier's check they would have sold it to somebody else.

1 hour ago, bgavin said:

I saw that $400k figure and thought... "Wow, they stole 4 trucks?"

:lol: Exactly what I thought :lol:

I was having my 2018 Ram 2500 serviced about 2 months ago and wandered around the lot. They had a pickup similar to mine, but this was a Limited, mine is a Laramie.  Sticker was $98k!!

Ridiculous. 

BS

Years back we were kicking tires on a Chrysler lot along with a salesman.  I pointed to a highend Chrysler that was up on bricks.  Tires and wheels missing.  I asked, "Do you have to supply your own tires and wheels on this model?". He seen it and jumped.  "Excuse me", he said, and dashed off to the office.  

11 hours ago, Texas Maverick said:

that would be what ? about three or maybe two and a half trucks .....................

i basing that o0n the aryticle saying they stole high end units , and , im thinking lynching , we hung horse theives time to start on car/truck theives , bet that might reduce all these car jackings , or just shoot them , 

The thieves like to target diesel trucks, because they can strip out the undercarriage smog equipment and sell for big bucks.
My shop told me their cost for parts alone is over $7,000, plus considerable labor to install again.

I'm all for dropping the jack on a car thief, then going back to bed for several hours.

23 hours ago, Crooked River Pete, SASS 43485 said:

5 trucks and they are worth almost half a million.

Valued at, not hardly worth that amount, though...lol

9 hours ago, bgavin said:

The thieves like to target diesel trucks, because they can strip out the undercarriage smog equipment and sell for big bucks.
My shop told me their cost for parts alone is over $7,000, plus considerable labor to install again.

I'm all for dropping the jack on a car thief, then going back to bed for several hours.

Just had the catalytic converter and injector replaced on my 2017 diesel and it was $8900. 

TM

Pretty crazy when ya gotta take a loan or second mortgage to have a vehicle repaired.:(

I kept my 1991 after buying a new 2023 Tacoma, as the 1991 runs just fine, is reliable, cheap to insure and cheap to license.

I had to recently replace the 10-year old battery (oh darn), and the 10 year old tires need to be replaced.

COSTCO is the magic place for both the above to happen.

By far, I got the best battery deal and warranty at Costco.
Will check into tires soon.

The lawyers have the car repair shops scared into replacing tires that are 5 years or older now.
Piffle.

I was pleasantly surprised at the very high tread wear and temperature ratings on the new 2023 tires.

Archived