SASS Wire Forum

American Derringer

Just now, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

I was just gonna suggest a small punch anna Ball Peen.

I tried a LARGE punch and a ball peen.  Would not budge.  That is why I was asking.  Bond and others have a screw so you can easily change barrels.

On a related note, is American Derringer still around? Their website is dated 2011. The street view of the address (below) looks pretty run down though there is a sign in the shape of a derringer outside.

image.thumb.png.1bcbf7d3f3afcc547ee9cdb7b811b54e.png

I'm curious as I have an American Derringer that I bought in 1999 in 45 Colt that is way off POA at derringer distance.

1 hour ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

On a related note, is American Derringer still around? Their website is dated 2011. The street view of the address (below) looks pretty run down though there is a sign in the shape of a derringer outside.

image.thumb.png.1bcbf7d3f3afcc547ee9cdb7b811b54e.png

I'm curious as I have an American Derringer that I bought in 1999 in 45 Colt that is way off POA at derringer distance.

Yes, I had to obtain the latch that locks and unlocks the barrel from them a couple of months ago.  

It's a serated pin and it only comes out one direction. Im in the process of converting my American derringer to a quick barrel change out.

Bond worked for American derringer and when the old man died he had a disagreement with the wife who now ran the company and went his own way. Both are very reliable and built like tanks.

Good Luck Pards!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1