SASS Wire Forum

we have only ONE national anthem ,

watab kid

this BS of having others is getting on my nerves a bit , 

i felt i failed to explain myself completely , so i came back to add that they can have artists stand up and do whatever they do - but do not call anything "OUR NATIONAL ANTHEM" except our national anthem , and when you add that "BLACK" to it it strikes me as racism and division efforts , its not worth fighting over but id add dixie before id add these new inventions , it at least has roots that some of us can relate to , 

Edited by watab kid
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 5

19 minutes ago, watab kid said:

i felt i failed to explain myself completely , so i came back to add that they can have artists stand up and do whatever they do - but do not call anything "OUR NATIONAL ANTHEM" except our national anthem , and when you add that "BLACK" to it it strikes me as racism and division efforts , its not worth fighting over but id add dixie before id add these new inventions , it at least has roots that some of us can relate to , 

20 minutes ago, watab kid said:

Amen brother!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

thanks , im not certain who applies these labels to them but they need to get slapped , one flag / one anthem / one pledge , if your not on board change ships and get the hell out of this country , its what we built , paid taxes for , have dedicated service to , the best country in the world - love it or leave it , 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, PowderRiverCowboy said:

Wait until you see the NFL, Nascar , NBA and others spent millions last week to support gun control.

I saw no evidence of any money changing hands, but I DID see where certain members of several sports/entertainment organizations ostensibly signed a statement of support for some crap that Shumer is proposing.

It remains to be seen whether those organizations will actually come out in support, or if it’s just these individuals!

Edited by Blackwater 53393
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

It remains to be seen whether those organizations will actually come out in support, or if it’s just these individuals!

What remains to be seen if the sport loving gun owners will continue to support and watch the games giving support to their causes?  

Same for the different Flags and anthems. Rather then unite, they separate. Yet, when they played the Black Anthems before televising so viewers are unaware and we support the games by watching. Rather then be a solution, we are part of supporting of 2 anthems and adding to viewership.

Edited by Marshal Dan Troop 70448
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, watab kid said:

Like I said the NFL announcer never said the black national anthem he just said” Here’s so and so singing “Lift every heart and sing”. He did say here’s Reba McIntyre singing OUR National Anthem. I think it’s the media calling it the black national anthem to get everyone stirred up so they have another story!:angry:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

I saw no evidence of any money changing hands, but I DID see where certain members of several sports/entertainment organizations ostensibly signed a statement of support for some crap that Shumer is proposing.

I don't see the correlation between the fictitious "Black National Anthem" and the support from certain members of the NFL, NBA, NASCAR and the NHL written support an anti 2nd Amendment proposal by Shumer. I can't say that I'm surprised by this as the NFL and NBA have become fully vested in the entire "woke" crap but I am disappointed that NASCAR and the NHL are dabbling in the same toilet water. A little more on this below.

https://www.zerohedge.com/technology/why-are-woke-pro-sports-league-lobbying-congress-gun-control

As far as the National Anthem goes, there is only ONE...The Star Spangled Banner. It is for all Americans no matter their skin color.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Like I said the NFL announcer never said the black national anthem he just said” Here’s so and so singing “Lift every heart and sing”. He did say here’s Reba McIntyre singing OUR National Anthem. I think it’s the media calling it the black national anthem to get everyone stirred up so they have another story!:angry:

you decide.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Marshal Dan Troop 70448 said:

What remains to be seen if the sport loving gun owners will continue to support and watch the games giving support to their causes?  

Same for the different Flags and anthems. Rather then unite, they separate. Yet, when they played the Black Anthems before televising so viewers are unaware and we support the games by watching. Rather then be a solution, we are part of supporting of 2 anthems and adding to viewership.

Never watched them before except NASCAR, now see no reason to support any of the overpaid whiners.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If I said what i really felt I would probably be kicked out of the Saloon and I would probably have some brainwashed SS Feds knocking on my door. 

• Like 6

49 minutes ago, Marshal Dan Troop 70448 said:

you decide.

Congressman Steve Cohen of Memphis, Tennessee has been an embarrassment to the rest of the state for MANY  years!!

He has made his political career on divisiveness and by stirring up mistrust and acrimony among his constituents for decades! He thrives on controversy and if there isn’t a convenient controversy for him to exploit, he will do everything within his power to create one!!

He is a professional politician and a total waste of subhuman tissue!

this, of course is strictly my personal opinion.  whether or not it is shared by others is not my concern.

• Like 2

I guess I'm out in the country so far that I really didn't know that there was a "black national anthem"! I watched the Super Bowl and thought that it was just another of the opening ceremony celebs singing some of their BS songs. I couldn't care less , but do resent the NFL shoving it down our throat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

And for the love of God, sing it the way it's written.  I am offended no end by some of the frills and yodeling that gets added most of the time.

Reba did a great job on Sunday!

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Big Sage, SASS #49891 Life said:

Reba did a great job on Sunday!

Yes she did!!:wub:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

yes , it was the media i was responding to not your comment , 

• Like 2

The NFL proudly stated that they would include the BLACK National Anthem at this Super Bowl, shortly after the last one due to a vocal minority claiming it was a travesty it wasn’t included then. That was the first I heard about it. 

We should include a national anthem for every minority which would take four hours and have no need for the game.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Itchy Trigger said:

The NFL proudly stated that they would include the BLACK National Anthem at this Super Bowl, shortly after the last one due to a vocal minority claiming it was a travesty it wasn’t included then. That was the first I heard about it. 

We should include a national anthem for every minority which would take four hours and have no need for the game.

But the announcer never said here’s the black national anthem, he simply announced the title of the song to be sung by so and so. He did announce however,  Here’s Our National Anthem to be performed by country star Reba Mcyntyre.

Edited by Rye Miles #13621

On 2/12/2024 at 7:47 PM, watab kid said:

Enjoy this little reel.

https://www.facebook.com/reel/929294465502370

TM

• Thanks 1

i got to watch it but not hear it , but i can imagine what was said i think , ill refrain from comment beyond that , 

we have an anthem , we have a pledge , we have a national language , we open our home to all that want a better life , and we help support and further those efforts with our tax money in multiple systems - dont try to turn our country into the s%#&hole you came from , 

bottom line is the country was founded and established there were things that were adopted as "national representations" most all of them were really not exclusive of anyone as far as i can tell , im not ever going to buy into the need to include by eliminating our heritage  , our culture , or our language , that is what it is , all the rest is history im willing to accept and all the pother cultures , languages , and religions that have come here im willing to accept as long as they respect our laws and customs ..............but thats bnot whats happening the old addige of the melting pot has turned into the tea pot on high boil , 

we have palestinians [and sympathizers] terrorizing our cities and campuses this is not palestine , we dont need this here , leave it where you came from or go back there , we are spending billions of future tax dollars to aid you and all you do is fund terrorists ? kiss my redneck a$$ if im going to give one dime to any of that ,