SASS Wire Forum

How much is "some money"?

Alpo

In your thinking, what would that term mean?

Several years ago I had just placed a large ammunition order and I had had some work done on my truck, and this guy came up to me at work and asked if he could borrow some money. And I told him I was short, and as he's turning away he said something about not being sure he had enough gas to get home.

Letting him have 20 bucks for gas was no problem. I thought he wanted some money. Anywhere from five or six hundred up to a couple of grand. SOME MONEY.

TV show I'm watching. Guy one comes up to guy two and asks if he can borrow some money. Two, as he is taking his wallet out, so sure, how much? And one says 10,000. Then about 5 minutes later guy two runs into guy three, and Guy three needs some money, and got who says yeah I can let you have a couple hundred, and Guy 3 says no he needs a few thousand.

That caused me to remember the little conversation at work 20 years ago.

And I wondered. What do other people consider SOME MONEY?

1 hour ago, Alpo said:

Several years ago I had just placed a large ammunition order and I had had some work done on my truck,...

Please define YOUR terms. :ph34r:

1 hour ago, PaleWolf Brunelle, #2495L said:

Please define YOUR terms. :ph34r:

Well the large ammunition order was about $700, and I think I'd spent about $500 on the truck. So I'd just dropped between a grand and a grand and a half when Royboy wanted to know if he could borrow "some money".

Now that you brought it up I have had people ask if they could borrow “some money”.

My response is always “How much and what for and when will I get it back?”

I had one guy, a coworker say “It’s none of your business. You’ll get your money back. I’m good for it.” I responded with you’re right. It is none of my business and they got none of my money. 

I have said “No!” outright if the person asking has burned me before or if I just don’t like or trust them for some reason. 

• Like 1

I never really worried about what they were going to do with it. As long as I got repaid, along with the vig.

I charged six for five, weekly. You don't want to pay 20% a week? Go borrow it somewhere else.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

How much? would be my reply. 

'Some' doesn't mean any amount in particular.

im with you - sounds like he wants to know how much you got so he knows if he got it all when he robs you , i got nuthin - you get nuthin - but maybe shot if you pull a knife or a gun