SASS Wire Forum

Question about site

Fallon Kid

I noticed when I post there is not a ‘heart’ symbol in my quote section for others to like-love-ha ha.

How do I turn on of did I mess something up? Thanks in advance

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Fallon Kid said:

I noticed when I post there is not a ‘heart’ symbol in my quote section for others to like-love-ha ha.

How do I turn on of did I mess something up? Thanks in advance

When I post, I get no heart either. but there is one in your post. 

ScreenShot2023-12-01at4_29_56PM.thumb.png.25e5caa65fef91423847db2f5ce86f7f.png

Edited by John Kloehr
  • Thanks 1

Been that way for a long time. Guess it's so you can't "like" your own posts, thus increasing your reputation. Like that'll get ya a cup of coffee!

Edited by Eyesa Horg
Efin otto
  • Like 2

Thank you. I guess I’m getting too old to notice things like that. I should have been put down a long time ago LOL. Anyway was just going through some pictures and hope y’all enjoy. Real live mustangs on the range. We have a lot of them here in Norther Nevada. Sometimes we have to stop matches cuz them horses always looking for a snack.

20200704_083723.jpg

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

My rep doesn't need any help.  I'm as famous as I want to be. :rolleyes:

Me too In fact I’m a legend in my own mind! :)

Edited by Rye Miles #13621
  • Haha 1

@Fallon Kid,

When you first make your post, there will be no heart icon. 

Once you submit and receive a "like", you will then see them when you go back into the post. 

Below is a screen shot of this post:

Snip-it_1701474899287.jpg.b0ea55e5cfc94a162d1dba874f8fe95f.jpg

Edited by Father Kit Cool Gun Garth
Add before post
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

My rep doesn't need any help.  I'm as famous as I want to be. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I can't even go grocery shopping in anonymity, or get gas in a vehicle, or get hardware in a hardware  store, or with my lady (she gets recognized even more often). We get recognized.

28 minutes ago, John Kloehr said:

Yeah, I can't even go grocery shopping in anonymity, or get gas in a vehicle, or get hardware in a hardware  store, or with my lady (she gets recognized even more often). We get recognized.

I go to a bar and it’s “Hey! Milkbone!!”

I go to a cowboy match and it’s, “Howdy, Blackwater!”

I see some 40 to 50 year old guy here around home and it’s, “Highya, Coach!”

BUT!! Nearly anywhere we go in the area, there’s some guy or gal who sees Schoolmarm and, “She was my third/fourth grade/GED teacher!” or “That’s that teacher that rides the Harley!”  :rolleyes: :lol:

EDIT:   And when I go to SASS matches anywhere in the Southeast Region there’s half the folks there are looking past me, over one shoulder or the other, and asking, “Didja’ bring Schoolmarm??” :wacko: :lol:

Edited by Blackwater 53393
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

As has been pointed out, you can't approve of yourself.

But if there's no heart in other posts, you're not logged in. But then you could only read but not post, also.

Why not?  Sometimes I'm the only one who has enough good taste to do so.  :P

• Haha 1

my question would be - why does that heart matter ? seriously do you post inly to get something back or are you stating what you think ? i only ask because i post what i think at the ,moment in reaction to what preceded in the topic mostly , like a conversation , not some self gratification thing , but then im old school - back when they taught the 3Rs and you got the awards when you achieved ....not for particip[ating 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, watab kid said:

preceded in the topic mostly , like a conversation , not some self gratification thing , but then im old school - back when they taught the 3Rs and you got the awards when you achieved ....not for particip[ating 

In our old school, they didn't have websites.

The moderators put it there-- like the rocketship.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

In our old school, they didn't have websites.

The moderators put it there-- like the rocketship.

?...The moderators put it there-- like the rocketship..."   explain me - im not getting that . 

to quote another here ?.....I guess I’m getting too old to notice things like that. I should have been put down a long time ago LOL. 

so , where does this specialized heart occur ? and what does it mean ? a lot of the subtilties of this internet stuff i miss , not that i care a great deal , im trying to learn and im old i got kinda set in my ways , i learn slow these days , 

WATAB Kid asked

“my question would be - why does that heart matter ? seriously do you post inly only to get something back or are you stating what you think” “not some self gratification thing”

Wow. I just asked a question as it appeared to me I may have done something to change the way I thought the site works. And no I don’t seek attention but just feel part of this community. If it would help, in the future I will PM you for any posting I might make and get approval to ensure it is the right thing to do. I do appreciate your interest .

12 hours ago, watab kid said:

?...The moderators put it there-- like the rocketship..."   explain me - im not getting that . 

to quote another here ?.....I guess I’m getting too old to notice things like that. I should have been put down a long time ago LOL. 

so , where does this specialized heart occur ? and what does it mean ? a lot of the subtilties of this internet stuff i miss , not that i care a great deal , im trying to learn and im old i got kinda set in my ways , i learn slow these days , 

The rocket is next to your avatar and I think it's based on your "reputation", the heart is where you tap for the few lame emojis.

• Thanks 1