SASS Wire Forum

PA State Championship Match

Black Hills Barb

Registration is now open for the SASS Pennsylvania State Championship match.  The match will be held on May 24-26, 2024.  This will be the 20th year that El Posse Grande has hosted the state match.  2024 will also mark the 25th Anniversary of both the posse and of the North Mountain Shoot Out.  The theme will be SILVER.  Get ready to ride Silver Streak, go silver mining, call out "Hi Yo Silver", and more.  It's going to be a GREAT time!  All info can be found HERE on the posse website.

• Like 2

One of the best state matches that I've attended. Great host club that is run by great SASS people.

• Like 1

Just now, H. K. Uriah, SASS #74619 said:

What will the side matches be?

For now I can say that there will be the usual speed rifle, pistol, & shotgun and several long range events, as well as derringer and pocket pistol.  We usually plug in some different things each year, too.  Since we are in the off season now and the holidays are coming, we won't meet as a committee until January to work out more details.

8 hours ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

If it wern't for that darned HILL <_<

You need not ever worry about that hill.  We rent a quad every year to transport our shooters up the hill.  Just sit a spell and wait on it.  Our driver will make as many trips as needed to get everyone up to the top.  Carts are taken care of too, either by our brass pickers or they are hauled in the quad.  Stages are scheduled so that there's no immediate shooting after that long walk either.  Shooters are either on lunch break or done for the day once completing those lower stages. 

One more thing about our brass pickers - the BEST brass pickers in SASS - they will gladly assist our shooters in moving gun carts whenever needed, not just on the that hill.

• Like 1

Last year as I stood staring at the hill in front of me a mysterious carriage appeared, BDoc moved over a bit, and it carried me to the top of said hill.  A big thank you to the Brass Picker that delivered my cart.

Barb is right on the money with the very active Brass Pickers.

• Thanks 1