Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum

Chicago Vigilantes?


Lawdog Dago Dom

Recommended Posts

Recent crime explosion in Chicago has city officials wringing their their hands and clutching their pearls that citizens might be taking the law into their own hands.

 

Whether or not you think this is a good alternative, can you blame the residents for not wanting to do so?

 

Video shows Chicago police arriving at a robbery in progress, but the cops were ordered to stop chasing the offenders - CWB Chicago

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As much as I rail against high speed pursuits (HSP)for minor things ("He made a right turn on red with only a rolling stop!  Let's chase him for 20 miles at 100mph! Who cares if he side swiped 3 dozen cars!") this is multiple violent crimes and is worthy of a HSP. 

 

But the Powers That Be in Chicago are more concerned with protecting their voter base than the honest citizens.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

But the Powers That Be in Chicago are more concerned with protecting their voter base than the honest citizens.

 

But they're already past protecting!:rolleyes:

 

To clarify:

image.png.b8c3280664a8d4c587156cdd24e2400e.png

Edited by Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Trailrider #896 said:

3-7-77!

 

 

"the 3 referred to the three immigrants from Minnesota who founded Montana's first lodge in 1862; the 7 referenced seven prominent Virginia City Masons who formed a vigilance committee and signed an oath in 1863; and the 77 represented a Mason named Bell who died of fever in 1862 plus the 76 others said to have attended his funeral."

 

 

  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

 

But they're already past protecting!:rolleyes:

 

To clarify:

image.png.b8c3280664a8d4c587156cdd24e2400e.png

But they are voters....They have been for years.....That is why the place is a mess......

 

Texas Lizard

 

They raise the dead to vote.....

Edited by Texas Lizard
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

 

 

"the 3 referred to the three immigrants from Minnesota who founded Montana's first lodge in 1862; the 7 referenced seven prominent Virginia City Masons who formed a vigilance committee and signed an oath in 1863; and the 77 represented a Mason named Bell who died of fever in 1862 plus the 76 others said to have attended his funeral."

 

 

The story I got was that some of the Montana Stock Growers Association, including anonymous members alleged to include Granville Stewart, The Marquis de Mores, and a former "four-eyed" ex-politician from New York, would mark that on the cabins of alleged rustlers and madmen, and it meant those individuals had 24 hours to leave the area or wind up with a new home, 3 feet x 7 feet x 77 inches deep!  This was in the 1880's. I don't know if they still wear it, but the Montana State Patrol has that on their patch, since the vigilantes were the first law enforcement in Central Montana.  I think there are other explanations, but I like this one! :ph34r:

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, watab kid said:

i cant see how the citizens of chicago can let this go - time to take your city back - in the meantime i wont set foot in that area 

The citizens of Chicago are nothing but a bunch of sheeple being terrorized by street gangs of thugs. They live that way because they keep expecting somebody else to Deal With It. They keep voting the same people into office because they keep promising to fix it, but don't so that they can keep promising the same thing every election cycle, and thus keep getting reelected. 

Sheeple like them huddle together in big cities so that (1), they don't have to Deal With It, and (2) the sheer numbers of them lets them think that there's less of a chance that they won't get hurt because the thugs have plenty of potential victims to choose from. 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

 

 

"the 3 referred to the three immigrants from Minnesota who founded Montana's first lodge in 1862; the 7 referenced seven prominent Virginia City Masons who formed a vigilance committee and signed an oath in 1863; and the 77 represented a Mason named Bell who died of fever in 1862 plus the 76 others said to have attended his funeral."

 

 

?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

 

That's what I found when I looked up 

 

 

Either way, those numbers are a warning to miscreants to leave the area or suffer the consequences! Vigilantes sometimes can go to excess, and history has shown that sometimes they get the wrong people.  BUT...when "duly constituted" law enforcement fails, it is necessary for the good people to take such actions! 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Trailrider #896 said:

BUT...when "duly constituted" law enforcement fails, it is necessary for the good people to take such actions! 

What's that have to do with Chicago? Those people keep voting the same people into office that ALLOW this to happen.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Trailrider #896 said:

and history has shown that sometimes they get the wrong people

 

It would be interesting to compare their rate with the official justice system.  In the past week I've seen two stories of men released after decades in prison after being wrongly convicted.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

 

It would be interesting to compare their rate with the official justice system.  In the past week I've seen two stories of men released after decades in prison after being wrongly convicted.

Too many prosecutors are interested In getting a CONVICTION!

instead of convicting the GUILTY!!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

From what my new neighbors tell me, Chicago is pretty bad now. 

They are both Professors at Chicago University on the south side. They say there's gun fire most of the day and night around campus and their apartment. Generally the police stay on the opposite side of the street and do nothing unless someone is killed and then they call for an ambulance and direct traffic.

He is currently on sabbatical, but she had to do inhouse classes for 2 months. She's been mugged twice and followed once during this time right at her apartment building that's 5 minutes from campus.:angry: She will be back home here in Vermont Saturday. When home she does classes via zoom. They are both Literature PHDs, so finding jobs here has been difficult. They are both German born, but she is of Indian decent and love our country which they've lived in since 2005, but can't understand "what's happening to our wonderful country".

Either can I.

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/14/2023 at 10:35 PM, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

The citizens of Chicago are nothing but a bunch of sheeple being terrorized by street gangs of thugs. They live that way because they keep expecting somebody else to Deal With It. They keep voting the same people into office because they keep promising to fix it, but don't so that they can keep promising the same thing every election cycle, and thus keep getting reelected. 

Sheeple like them huddle together in big cities so that (1), they don't have to Deal With It, and (2) the sheer numbers of them lets them think that there's less of a chance that they won't get hurt because the thugs have plenty of potential victims to choose from. 

i cannot fault that thinking - you do get what you voted for and ive always thought if it got bad enough you move somewhere else , my wife and i have had our fill here and oar in that process , we vote right and get overridden 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.