Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum

GOD's Sense of Humor


Texas Maverick

Recommended Posts

Those of you who don’t think that God has a sense of humor should pause for a moment to contemplate the duck billed platypus!!

 

 

Edited by Blackwater 53393
  • Like 4
  • Haha 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

His sense of humor really shows in the Jewish dietary laws.  Here God goes and creates the perfect food animal, the pig, then He forbids it to his chosen people!  

Considering the apple precedent, not sure what outcome was expected...

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Those of you who don’t think that God has a sense of humor should pause for a moment to contemplate the duck billed platipus!!

God didn't do that. Steve did.

 

 

Edited by Alpo
  • Haha 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Lone Spur Jake SASS #7728 said:

Hmmmm, the only 100% obedient wives I have ever heard of are pure Islamic Muslim wives.

The rest have been "Bats out of Hell."

My wife was very obedient.  She'd say "Yes, Dear'", "Sure, Hon", or I'll get right on it"....then go do whatever she wanted.

 

I put up with it for 51 years until she passed....and smiled almost all the time.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I grew up in a religious family. My aunts and uncles were all very religious. I was not. Oh sure, I played the good boy well at church and around family, but I was ornery through and through. 
At a family gathering my family were all discussing things and I made a joke which brought instant bad Ju-Ju upon me. 
I said “If God didn’t have a sense of humor why did he make us so we could laugh and see the humor in things?”

I was sent to my room, which was fine with me. 
I absolutely believe God has a sense of humor. 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If God didn’t have a sense of humor, it’s for damned certain I wouldn’t still be here!!

 

I’m also certain that wherever he sent me, I wouldn’t be alone!! :lol: :lol:

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

My wife was very obedient.  She'd say "Yes, Dear'", "Sure, Hon", or I'll get right on it"....then go do whatever she wanted.

 

 

A friend and his wife were visiting, some years ago.

My wife was telling me several things she needed done.

I replied with a nasal "Yes, dear."

"That's nice, dear."

"Whatever you say, dear."

Which absolutely cracked up my old friend, he didn't wet himself laughing, but he did make most of the sounds of a chicken laying a paving brick.

Three days later his wife called me up and threatened to beat me with a wooden spoon.

Ever since I'd replied in that nasal monotone, my friend was addressing her in the selfsame manner.

And she blamed me! :P:D:lol:

  • Haha 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Linn Keller, SASS 27332, BOLD 103 said:

A friend and his wife were visiting, some years ago.

My wife was telling me several things she needed done.

I replied with a nasal "Yes, dear."

"That's nice, dear."

"Whatever you say, dear."

Which absolutely cracked up my old friend, he didn't wet himself laughing, but he did make most of the sounds of a chicken laying a paving brick.

Three days later his wife called me up and threatened to beat me with a wooden spoon.

Ever since I'd replied in that nasal monotone, my friend was addressing her in the selfsame manner.

And she blamed me! :P:D:lol:

The old, time tested tricks as regards most things, still work.  Just remember, you have to sleep sometime.

  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Plus Tree Stands, and the man cave. WHen she invades the man cave, I head to the woodshop or to work on my 51 Chevy. THen theres always the lawn mower. LOL

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If any man was blessed with a woman who was sent from God to be his soul mate and NEVER put him down just because he was a MAN, then he is already in Heaven.

BUT!!!!!

There a lot of married men who wish they were already in Hell!!!!!

 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

And the #2 cause for divorce is?  Hmmm, maybe it's in Country songs.

I can't help to just keep playing Tammy Wynette's "Stand by Your Man" or "Our Divorce Became Final Today."

Of course if a guy spent his life following Tom T. Hall's song "Faster Horses, Younger Women, Older Whiskey, More Money"  then oh well, guess where he is today.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, after thinking about it, I'll give any woman who went thru child birth, especially the 9 previous months of Hell, and, especially the women who went thru natural child birth, a pass.  Hell, there ain't no man who could have done it no matter what kind of macho buff stud he thinks he is.

I guess, thank God for giving us men women who would even for one day put up with our stupid crap.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/14/2023 at 9:11 AM, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

My wife was very obedient.  She'd say "Yes, Dear'", "Sure, Hon", or I'll get right on it"....then go do whatever she wanted.

 

I put up with it for 51 years until she passed....and smiled almost all the time.

 

Ditto here!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Lone Spur Jake SASS #7728 said:

Well, after thinking about it, I'll give any woman who went thru child birth, especially the 9 previous months of Hell, and, especially the women who went thru natural child birth, a pass.  Hell, there ain't no man who could have done it no matter what kind of macho buff stud he thinks he is.

I guess, thank God for giving us men women who would even for one day put up with our stupid crap.

Yep,

my wife always told me if men had to give birth the species would have died out long ago, because there is no chance that a man would do that twice!

Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Lone Spur Jake SASS #7728 said:

Well, after thinking about it, I'll give any woman who went thru child birth, especially the 9 previous months of Hell, and, especially the women who went thru natural child birth, a pass.  Hell, there ain't no man who could have done it no matter what kind of macho buff stud he thinks he is.

I guess, thank God for giving us men women who would even for one day put up with our stupid crap.

I don't know about that. I would put my kidney stones up against their pain in childbirth. How many women would choose to do it more than once compared to how many with kidney stones saying they would like to go through it again. LOL

 

TM

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well Maverick you have a point.  I had my first kidney stone attack in 1972.  While in the ER, the nurse pumping me with morphine, said to me, "I've had 3 babies natural child birth, and one kidney stone attack.  I'll take the 3 babies natural child birth over one kidney stone attack anytime."

And I have had two more since that one and I believe her.

I don't wish it on anyone except maybe......well, you all know by now who I mean.  Have to keep it non-political.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yep, don't believe you'll ever,ever hear guy say oh hell, I'm gonna go get a kick in the balls again! 

But then there's Jackass:lol:

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.