SASS Wire Forum

Does something like this exist

Alpo

autotwb3889.png.27faef1822c3534b11c50a4f43576335.png

I know it's a cartoon.

In the first frame, you see his pistol has a light underneath the barrel. Very common. But as you can see in the light spot on the door, it also has a laser in the middle of the light.

Do they make such a thing? A flashlight with a laser built into it?

And if so, what would really be its purpose?

Actually it seems like I've seen such a critter advertised, but it seems to me unnecessary. If my flashlight beam is on you, why would I need to have a laser dot also?

5 minutes ago, John Kloehr said:

Here is one:

https://tacticon.com/product/firefly-v1-laser-flashlight-combo/

There are a few others.

Reading the blurb on that one, it appears that you can have either of them on separately. Now that would actually make sense. Having the flashlight on your gun in the dark. Having the laser beam on your target.

But having them both on at the same time was what was --- WHY?? --- to me.

I was given a flashlight with a laser years ago. The usefulness comes to play when in a plant/refinery and an object needs to be pinpointed in the dark. It is very difficult to find something small in the dark with only a laser.

Olight makes lights with red, green or blue lasers that can be used with the light and laser at the same time with a push of the “on” lever. 

No, I do not own one. 

I have a streamlight on my pump shotgun that has just a pistol grip. Laser is set for 75 feet with a federal 1oz LE slug. You really don’t want to put a pistol grip 12ga up to your face to try and aim it so the laser works great for that part and if your outdoors at night and the coyotes or other varmits are out of shot range I can throw in a slug

Archived