SASS Wire Forum

my mailman is sneaky

Alpo

I had a package from Amazon supposed to arrive today. So I go outside and look and it ain't there. Go back in the house and pull up their website. Verify that it is supposed to arrive today. It says it's been delivered. I pull up the details of the tracking. It was delivered 3 minutes ago.

Apparently my mailman was hiding around the corner and waited till he saw me come out and look. And then when I went back in the house he drove up real fast and ran up and put the box up against the door and jumped back in his truck and drove off.

At 5:15 a.m. I am leaving for the gym.  A car pulls up to my house as I am pulling away.  Being cautious, I stopped to see what was up.  It was the Amazon lady making a delivery!  

A lot of people work at night. That doesn't make them suspicious.

Our local sheriff (a good one and I am a supporter of his) got himself in a totally unneccessary problem a couple years back by calling for backup on the guy driving from house to house in his neighborhood at 4 a.m.; "suspicious".

He was delivering the daily paper, as he had for years. Unfortunately, the sheriff wasn't a subscriber, so he didn't know him. Considerable difficulty ensued. Embarrasment was the very least of it.

23 hours ago, Alpo said:

I had a package from Amazon supposed to arrive today. So I go outside and look and it ain't there. Go back in the house and pull up their website. Verify that it is supposed to arrive today. It says it's been delivered. I pull up the details of the tracking. It was delivered 3 minutes ago.

Apparently my mailman was hiding around the corner and waited till he saw me come out and look. And then when I went back in the house he drove up real fast and ran up and put the box up against the door and jumped back in his truck and drove off.

Your mailman delivers Amazon packages? Anytime I got stuff from Amazon it was always from one of their trucks. 

You must live in a bigger town than me. I've never seen a Amazon truck - not a real one, anyway. Saw a video with Amazon truck parked out in front of some place and while he was in delivering Black Looters and Murderers busted into the truck and stole everything.

Anyway. Usually my stuff arrives post office. Once in awhile it's UPS, and when they delivered my air conditioner that was FedEx. But usually it's post office.

Sometimes the small stuff from Amazon gets dropped at the local post office for final delivery with my regular mail.  The Amazon site says it's been delivered.  Yea, to the local post office but it doesn't say that.  The 1st couple of time this happened, it caused some anxiety.  The bigger stuff gets delivered by Amazon van, UPS or sometimes USPS.  

On 10/29/2023 at 12:39 AM, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

A lot of people work at night. That doesn't make them suspicious.

Our local sheriff (a good one and I am a supporter of his) got himself in a totally unneccessary problem a couple years back by calling for backup on the guy driving from house to house in his neighborhood at 4 a.m.; "suspicious".

He was delivering the daily paper, as he had for years. Unfortunately, the sheriff wasn't a subscriber, so he didn't know him. Considerable difficulty ensued. Embarrasment was the very least of it.

That's terrible. I would have asked every person that thought the sheriff was wrong would they have rather that he ignored the situation and allowed a potentially nefarious person to go unchallenged. 

Now the next time something similar happens the sheriff or one of his deputies will worry about being wrong and it could cost someone their life.

many years ago, I was pulled over in Flagstaff AZ because an officer had seen a truck  similar to mine on the hot sheet that morning. By the time I found a place to safely pull over he was able to verify that it was a different truck. He apologized several times for pulling me over. I replied that if it was my truck that had been stolen I would want him to err on the side of caution rather than worrying about inconveniencing someone and letting a thief get away.

Well, there's more to the story. But a call by the sheriff saying he was threatened, which he later withdrew, produced a multi-officer response that became newsworthy it itself. 

Anyway, the delivery man had been delivering the daily paper in the neighborhood for a long time. He wasn't nefarious. But the sheriff didn't take the paper, and apparently had not often been up at 3 in the morning....

Archived