SASS Wire Forum

do you have pet names in your contact list?

Alpo

In a web comic I was reading, this woman texted her husband that she needed some loving, now get over here. And he was listed as Coco Pineapple, and she was PR Hot Blonde (she works in public relations).

That was cute - but...

In the book Patriot Games, Mrs Ryan's car is shot up and run off the road. In her address book (I don't think people were carrying cell phones when that book was written) there was one number that simply said Jack, work. Others had two names - John Smith, Frank Jones, etc. So the cops took a guess that that would be her husband, and called that number.

I took that to heart when I was setting up my contact list, and my emergency contacts. They say who it is. My number one i c e doesn't say Baby Girl, it says Sally Jones, daughter. Number three says Lobita Jones, granddaughter.

Just think of that poor cop trying to tell the wife that her husband was killed in a car wreck. "Hello, is this Hot Buns Hannah?"

I have (unfortunately) the number to my company's HR department for work reasons and they are not listed as HR but something more like a pet name although highly inappropriate to list on a public family forum.

Other than Is other than that, no pet names.

If my dog ever gets a phone then technically I will have to put a pet name in my contacts list.

I don’t need my GSD’s name on my list. I never really go anywhere without him. Other than that, the wife is listed as “The Queen” and I’m no King, then my best friend and shooting buddy is listed as “Girlfriend”. Everyone else is listed by actual name. 

31 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

I don't have "pet" names in my phone but I do have SASS aliases and male nicknames in the contacts list.

Yeah, because if you're like most of us we don't know most people's real names in this game anyway. :D

1 minute ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Pet names........... you gotta be kidding me.

I wouldn't dare list Buffy, Hot Lips, Sweet Legs or Naughty Holly in my phone listings.

..........Widder

You know someone's going to ask for a picture request...

31 minutes ago, Dantankerous said:

Yeah, because if you're like most of us we don't know most people's real names in this game anyway. :D

Mississippi Fandango

It's Columbus Day weekend, basically, and long about the first of June Sierra Jack  Cassidy would start plugging it. Try to get many people from here to go there. Have a Saloonatic posse. And he had some kind of a connection with a guy that sold used RVs, and he would borrow half a dozen or so of these for that weekend. There's a big lot where everybody parked their RV, and a much smaller lot that was for the Saloonatic posse campers. You could bring your own if you had them, and if you didn't have a place he had these borrowed ones.

So the first time I go there - 2001 - I go to sign in, and I tell the guy behind the counter that Sierra Jack Cassidy has hooked me up with a camper, and the guy turns around and yells, "KEITH! Got another one of yours", and I'm wondering who the hell Keith is. :P

Another time I had a question about leased vehicles. What they did when you still had time left to go on your lease, but you were moving to another state.

And I get a PM. This fella says to he does that kind of work for a living, and if I give him a call he will explain to me how that works. Gave me a phone number. His signature was General Delivery.

And I felt really really stupid that afternoon when I called that number and this guy says hello and I said, "Is this General Delivery?" And he explained it perfectly.

Hey, WIDDER!!  How are the Geisha Twins listed??  :rolleyes: :lol:

I thought you meant dog or cat names. 

My emergency contacts are identified as such on my phone: ICE - In Case of Emergency. The wallpaper on my phone when you first activate shows my wife’s number in case I am incapacitated a police officer or paramedic could see who my emergency contact is. 
IMG_3555.thumb.jpeg.e4f92359576b1fe2913d2df80c4d5a64.jpeg

When I first heard about ICE, I had a flip phone. And I went into my contacts list and I put that in front of my mother's name (I used my mother because A she was still alive and B we live in the same town - none of my other family lives in this town). And it automatically put her at the top of the list.

When I got my next flip phone again, ICE was the first one on the list.

Smartphones - at least the ones I've had so far and I've had four, by four different makers, but all Android - put ICE down there in the I's.

But I discovered that they put numbers before they do letters. So my emergency contact numbers are listed as

1 ICE daughter

2 ICE son in law

3 ICE oldest granddaughter

Etc

7 hours ago, Dantankerous said:

Back in 1998 or 99, a SASS club gave out a SASS member Christmas card list...with all the member's real names. All of us were saying "Who are all of these people?" At that time, I knew very few of their real names.:D

8 hours ago, Dantankerous said:

I have (unfortunately) the number to my company's HR department for work reasons and they are not listed as HR but something more like a pet name although highly inappropriate to list on a public family forum.

Other than Is other than that, no pet names.

If my dog ever gets a phone then technically I will have to put a pet name in my contacts list.

I bet HR would not like to know that name.

10 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

I bet HR would not like to know that name.

Nope but they earned it.

8 hours ago, Pat Riot said:

Bucking Aunts with different 1st letters? 

Well... I like that. Gonna hafta change it now. :D

My wife is “The Witch of Ben More.” Yes, she knows and approves. In fact, she suggested it. It’s a Clan MacLean thing.  Her number is listed separately under ICE

Archived