SASS Wire Forum

Israeli English Language New Source

Krazy Kajun

There is a live Israeli English language news source free from the filters of the American news machine.  This is a continual live news stream on Youtube....it's worth a listen when you want to hear, from the Israeli point of view, of what is actually going on.  It is i24NEWS English...you can watch it here.

Kajun

Saw an interview of a guy on there that he and 4 others held off 12 terrorist until helped arrived .  The terrorist left but they lost 2 of the original 4 and 2 more of the help that arrived and the news anchor asked him if he could ever go back to that village on the border of Gaza and have a normal life after all that. 

the answer was emphatic and clear, “we are an old nation of 3000 years old, survived many things, many wars, the holocaust, being in Egypt , of course we are going back.  We can not lose.  We are surrounded and must win .  These people died so we could go back so we must go back to live again.”

Thanks

I’m going to get the wife to tune in. She recently commented that she understood their command of the English language better than listening to American reporters. Thanks for sharing.

I was a great fan of shortwave radio, back when we still had stations on the air.

Unfortunately, pushing watts through the air is expensive, the Internet is cheap, shortwave radio from the stations we knew and loved is pretty much a thing of the past.

More's the pity.

I enjoyed getting news from multiple, non-US sources.

Was just looking at a State of the art Sony from many years ago the other day.  Reception was Nil in our canyon when we moved here, I was thinking of putting some batteries in it and going to the top of the house.  Decades back I had a Zenith Transoceanic tube set that I greatly enjoyed the last time I lived far out in the country.  So mostly a wasteland these days?

There's a little to be had but not much anymore.

A good antenna is your friend in such matters.

Increased solar activity has benefitted both shortwave and ham radio propagation, things (hopefully!) should continue to improve!

Just a few moments ago on that link you posted @Krazy Kajun I watched a reporter talking about the 8 police officers that died helping to protect a town. He said that brings the number to 48 police officers killed protecting Israeli citizens. 
The reporter was in a parking lot wearing an armored vest and helmet. 
To me it sounds like they also have the enemy within their borders (no, I haven’t been following this war). We and. So many other countries seem to have an open door policy. What’s happening in Israel could happen elsewhere, though I am sure our government is learning from this and taking steps in case this was a practice run. <- That was sarcasm. 

Archived