SASS Wire Forum

One Russian rocket used on Ukraine

We also have learned their robotic moon lander, LUNA-25 has crashed instead of landing on the moon.

Oh well.

I wonder if/when Vlad's health will take a turn for the worse?

30 minutes ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

We also have learned their robotic moon lander, LUNA-25 has crashed instead of landing on the moon.

Oh well.

You mean the "Russian Flu?"

31 minutes ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Oh well.

It's those that disagree with Vlad who's health seems to take a turn for the worse unfortunately.

No fan of Russia or their previous state, but one story sticks in my mind.  Early in manned space flight, U.S discovered that ball point pens would not work in space.  Years and a young fortune later, the Fisher Space Pen came into being.  A wonderful achievement, and if you want one you can still buy one.  The Russians used pencils to solve the problem.

2 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Oh well.

I understand that he avoids windows.

1 hour ago, Rip Snorter said:

No fan of Russia or their previous state, but one story sticks in my mind.  Early in manned space flight, U.S discovered that ball point pens would not work in space.  Years and a young fortune later, the Fisher Space Pen came into being.  A wonderful achievement, and if you want one you can still buy one.  The Russians used pencils to solve the problem.

They did at first. The trouble with pencils is that they fade. After the Space Pen was invented, the Ruskies started using them too. 

2 hours ago, Rip Snorter said:

Urban myth, but a fun story nevertheless!  :)

And I often have a "Space Pen" clipped into my shirt pocket.  ^_^

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/fact-or-fiction-nasa-spen/

10 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

And I often have a "Space Pen" clipped into my shirt pocket.  ^_^

I have one on my desk. :P

image.png.3d7ae0ab1d7a79c7895b68af7d48353c.png

Got it at the 1962 World's Fair in Seattle!

Archived