SASS Wire Forum

OK, I'll Go Camping

Subdeacon Joe

Impressive but all are computer generated images.

For the real deal check out Renegade RVs or Show Hauler

I saw a Custom 45 ft rig by Show Hauler, that was a full RV in the front with a king bed and full bath plus 2 horse stalls with tack storage in the back.

We thought about going on the road for a while after retirement, but once we got settled on the Ranch, that was done.  Happenstance, we saw a guy with a magnificent new Motor home while on the way to the property.  I went over to ask him about it, and he was in a rage.  Broke down in the middle of nowhere with family and stuff aboard.  A Satori.

1 hour ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

I wouldn't have that monstrosity as a gift.  Too much money just to take it out of the driveway.

You could sell it and stay in hotels for years OR buy a small camper and fund some really great trips. 

If I won something like that I would sell it and buy a great piece of property where I could plant a double wide, buy a bass boat and build a shooting range. Redneck Paradise. :)

yeah, I have a 41 ft 5th wheel that is basically the same as a 1 bedroom apt. It is great to stay in for longer periods but an expensive item for short weekend hauls. 

TM

2022 Angel Fire RV Resort.jpg

3763BP C.jpg

Bayfield RV Park.jpg

1 hour ago, Texas Maverick said:

yeah, I have a 41 ft 5th wheel that is basically the same as a 1 bedroom apt. It is great to stay in for longer periods but an expensive item for short weekend hauls. 

TM

2022 Angel Fire RV Resort.jpg

3763BP C.jpg

Bayfield RV Park.jpg

That might very well have more square footage than the apartment my wife and I had in San Antonio when we were first married.

14 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Comfort Inn or Quality Inn for me!

So I always thought but Petey finally talked me into getting a little tin can, then into a little bit larger tin can, and last weekend we stayed in a motel because he did not want to drag the larger tin can through the mountains, and neither of us was particularly happy.  I do not/will not camp but I love the convenience of staying at the range.

On 8/17/2023 at 3:59 AM, DocWard said:

I'll go this route, thanks. 

10922538_10152792676408773_6868563068725074692_n.jpg

I can't do that anymore, once I got down on the ground I would never be able to get back up lol

1 hour ago, The Shoer 27979 said:

I can't do that anymore, once I got down on the ground I would never be able to get back up lol

that and now the ground feels really hard to sleep on. LOL

TM

On 8/18/2023 at 12:05 PM, The Shoer 27979 said:

Just to clarify for a couple of you guys. Along with other ailments I have, it was confirmed a couple years ago I have arthritis in both knees( the left one pretty bad) both hips and lower back and neck. I don't get on my knees unless I absolutely have to, so when I do have to get up off my knees. I have to exert so much energy to get up and the pain get so bad sometimes it almost put me in tears.

Since moving in with our daughter, she has chewed my butt at least a half dozen times for doing stuff I should not be doing anymore because of my good old buddy art h ritis 

17 hours ago, The Shoer 27979 said:

Just to clarify for a couple of you guys. Along with other ailments I have, it was confirmed a couple years ago I have arthritis in both knees( the left one pretty bad) both hips and lower back and neck. I don't get on my knees unless I absolutely have to, so when I do have to get up off my knees. I have to exert so much energy to get up and the pain get so bad sometimes it almost put me in tears.

Since moving in with our daughter, she has chewed my butt at least a half dozen times for doing stuff I should not be doing anymore because of my good old buddy art h ritis 

It sucks getting old and I am right there with ya. Have had both knees replaced, now they want to do both hips. I have 5 bulging discs in lower back between L1 and L5 with 1 perforated along with a cyst between L4 and L5. I get about a dozen pain management shots about every 6 months to my lower back.

I had to buy some padded knee pads for when I have to get down on my knees and they have helped a lot but then getting back up from kneeling is a real pain in the butt. I try to make sure there is something close by that I can use to help pull myself back up.

But I am still mobile and will continue to shoot as long as I am safe doing so. I have calcium build up in my neck and it is hard to turn to look to my sides. I have to turn my body some when I am driving just to be able to check for traffic both ways.

So just keep on getting up every day and see what it has in store for ya. Life is great and I cherish every day that I do wake up and struggle to get out of bed.

TM

A tent fits me just fine although I recently made a wise move to keep someone happy and to provide her with the pop up camper she wanted. :D

Archived