SASS Wire Forum

The Garage Girls and their secret war machine

Buckshot Bear

The Garage Girls and their secret war machine

"In a suburban Brisbane garage, young women decoded radio transmissions that changed the course of World War II. For the first time, their top-secret work on a panicked Japanese cable about a new type of weapon can be revealed".

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-06-03/garage-girls-world-war-2-spying-in-australia/102411022

Great stuff! Thanks Bear. :)
Everyone seems to forget the ones that worked, helped and toiled in the background to help win that war and every other. 

4 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Everyone seems to forget the ones that worked, helped and toiled in the background to help win that war and every other. 

Do you think that kind of thing would happen today?  Or would all the young men and women still be at the gym or  in front of mirrors managing their image?

24 minutes ago, Dusty Devil Dale said:

Do you think that kind of thing would happen today?  Or would all the young men and women still be at the gym or  in front of mirrors managing their image?

Excellent observation!  I spent the day at the Tennessee State Match, yesterday!  I saw quite a few young people that I figure would take up the fight, some I knew and a few that I haven’t seen before.  

I DID see one or two that I don’t think I would depend on, but all in all, it was a refreshing experience!

It is ALWAYS a few that turn the tide!!

Guest BigBelle
16 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

was watching 'battle for siapan' recently and i thought to myself how brave the nurses were. some many lower deckers that put in the work.

Archived