SASS Wire Forum

It’s Out in Print: Captain George Baylor’s book

La Sombra

Just ordered it. If for nothing more than supporting a fellow sass members business venture. Obviously I'll read it and most likely it'll teach me something or at least refresh my memory of stuff that I always forget. And when I'm done with it I'll gift it to the next new shooter that's trying to learn our game. 

Got it on my Kindle in 2 minutes and I am halfway thru it. Very interesting.

I've been shooting sass for 25 years and still seeing good stuff in this book.

Thanks, Captain for the good read.

Coyote Kid

On 6/2/2023 at 8:36 PM, La Sombra said:

I will wait until you finish it and then borrow it for a year or so. LOL 

TM

7 hours ago, Texas Maverick said:

I will wait until you finish it and then borrow it for a year or so. LOL 

TM

In your dreams.

La Sombra

Just received our copy yesterday. Thanks Captain Baylor for putting your experience and knowledge at our fingertips. This is a must read for any new shooter and the cost will be more than offset by not making bad or unnecessary purchases by newbies. From what I've read so far, the Captain interjects his humor and is entertaining. The game needs more of our experienced shooters to record their knowledge to pass on to new shooters. Thanks again Captain. 

I see a lot of his Chronicle articles in the book. 

I paged thru Sassy's copy this afternoon and it looks very interesting and informative as one would expect in CGB's writing and research. 

Curt and I have been friends for over 20 years, shooting together numerous times.  Red takes good care of him so we can enjoy his writing and match attendance.

I received my copy yesterday, and have a bunch to do today, dang it. It looks great, has lots of pictures(a necessity for me) and lots of technical information. Thanks Capt.

Imis

11 hours ago, Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator said:

I paged thru Sassy's copy this afternoon and it looks very interesting and informative as one would expect in CGB's writing and research. 

Curt and I have been friends for over 20 years, shooting together numerous times.  Red takes good care of him so we can enjoy his writing and match attendance.

We both know that Red is guaranteed Sainthood:excl:

;):lol:

My copy is on the way.  When I started shooting cowboy in 2010 I found his “Getting Started in CAS” website very helpful.  I expect the new book to be an even better resource for new shooters.  I like the way he put the best advice right on the cover.

I don’t think he is on the Wire these days but he’s active on a SASS-oriented Facebook group, handing out advice and information in his own style.  A true ambassador of the sport.

Got mine today - full of great information.  Plan to take it to the shoots so new/potential shooters can look at it.  Of course, now I need to track him down and ambush him to sign it!

Archived