SASS Wire Forum

Happy 93rd Birthday Mr. Wilson

Cypress Sun

Happy 93rd birthday to Clint Eastwood.

Born in 1930. 

I may not agree with some of your views...but your contributions to cinema are, to me, what makes movies worth watching. From cowboys to cops, you've portrayed the grit, grime and ruthlessness of hard men. 

Actors and directors like him are rare.

Thanks for the many hours of entertainment and Happy Birthday you old fart.

Did you do this intentionally to confuse me?

Mr Wilson?

So I do a search - Clint Eastwood Mr Wilson.

The first hit is Gran Torino, were they compare Walt to Dennis the Menace's grouchy neighbor Mr Wilson.

I don't think that's it.

Next hit is a movie. Black hunter, white heart. White hunter, Black heart? Something like that, anyway. And Eastwood's character's name is John Wilson.

Never heard of that movie, so that's probably not it.

Then finally - finally - there's a reference to Josie Wales and at the end of the movie where everyone calls him Mr Wilson when the rangers are in there looking for Wales.

Okay. That's probably it.

:P

I’m still angry with  him backing Bloomberg for President! In case you don’t know Bloomberg is the most anti gun person on the planet. 
When Clint was mayor of Carmel Ca he supported an Assault Weapon ban, Registration and Universal background check! :angry:

Great actor and director. Too many good movies to count. 

He remains active and productive long after most of us have quit (not to mention died). I reckon he'll die with his boots on.

I've seen any number of interviews of him over the years; always a pleasure to hear him.

Rowdy Yates, Harry Callahan, Josie Wales, "Mr. Wilson," Private Kelly, Gunny Highway, Preacher, Walt, or any of a bunch of other names you care to think of, he has played some great characters in some great roles, and directed some great movies. Happy Birthday Mr. Eastwood.

IIRC, Mr.Wilson was the alias given to Josey Wales in the saloon scene where he was about to be captured by the Red Legs sent to recapture him.

Not sure what Mr. Wilson we are celebrating here .

But I will buy a round of beer too celebrate  Clints  72 Anniversary of his 21st birthday !

Happy happy happy birthday Man with No Name !

i immediately thought josey whales , that was a very important point in that movie ---after all the others of coarse , but those all led up to that one place 

did not realize he was 93 , but then i seldom realize im 73 till i think about it or some chit happens to remind me , hes still rowdy yates in most of my memory till i think about it and remember all the other great parts he has played , 

much like JW in my minds eye , yet he will never overtake , just get close - and he has , ill give him second place , no one else has come close in my lifetime , and i remember gene , roy , lone ranger as well as cisco , i liked a lot of the sidekicks just as muck , slim pickens was one , festus another , tonto & gabby , 

Archived