SASS Wire Forum

Thread for non-SASS guns we pick up

DeaconKC

Thought I would start a thread about our non Cowboy guns.

Just picked up a Colt 1991 Commander in .45 ACP. Good trigger and night sights. The plastic MSH is gonna have to go though.

colt 1991-1.jpeg

colt 1991-2.jpeg

20 minutes ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

Can't get much more non-CAS than this.:D

image.png.c442dd58ea935a856fcf0a50b926f019.png

Wow! Looks brand new. Is it? That’s a cool non-CAS rifle, for sure. We need a drooling smiley. 
———————————————

Here are my two latest non-CAS guns. 

A Franchi Affinity 3 that I won at a Gun Bash

IMG_4153.thumb.jpeg.4d470be052bc9b48089f3305de80642e.jpeg

My Ruger SFAR .308. 
IMG_5773.thumb.jpeg.0cc1abda0c52db57f3ce089b2ceb29f7.jpeg

some great items in this thread , most everything i have in this vain was older military collectibles that ive been divesting , two distinct collections - US and Commonwealth [some ive kept] and since gone to 22s , thats as far from SASS guns as ive gone 

Made by Stephen Grant, London, England in 1876.  Barrel wall thickness is enough that low pressure smokeless shells (7000 PSI or less) are safe to shoot

image.jpeg.e433efa3ad704cce7c1822592401a135.jpeg

17019_0.jpg

20 hours ago, DeaconKC said:

Thought I would start a thread about our non Cowboy guns.

Just picked up a Colt 1991 Commander in .45 ACP. Good trigger and night sights. The plastic MSH is gonna have to go though.

colt 1991-1.jpeg

colt 1991-2.jpeg

You say "picked up". Did you find out who dropped it?

I did some trading last year and brought home a CZ Tactical Sports Orange, TSO. 9mmCZ factory race gun, single action semiauto. like a CZ 75 on steroids and speed. It is a way better gun than I am shooter (probably true for most of my guns).

I am technically challenged so you will have to look it on your own, if interested.

Imis

11 hours ago, Chantry said:

Made by Stephen Grant, London, England in 1876.  Barrel wall thickness is enough that low pressure smokeless shells (7000 PSI or less) are safe to shoot

image.jpeg.e433efa3ad704cce7c1822592401a135.jpeg

17019_0.jpg

Very much reminds me of my 1880's vintage Stahl Cape Gun....  :)

10.5x47R / 16 Ga

CapeGunbreech.thumb.JPG.2a0245252d28768ed0b1bd1d23ae0293.JPG

image.jpeg.054ba934a7be8ec9ff51d2514e4cb6f4.jpeg

image.jpeg.bc7f8ed2b2d67a2fe104b4f5dc80b371.jpeg

43 minutes ago, LawMan Mark, SASS #57095L said:

Smith and Wesson 625 Mountain Gun in 45 ACP.  

625 mountain gun.jpg

Who makes that speedloader carrier?

7 hours ago, DeaconKC said:

Who makes that speedloader carrier?

Moon Clip Carrier.  Belt Mountain, sold by 4wheelguns.com .  But there are lots more options out there now.  

S&W 617 with Speedeze loader, just a really fun gun. I’m shooting it today at a Rimfire Challenge along with some other .22’s. 

8B67F1C1-977B-4082-A60D-6D6E1CEBC51C.jpeg

36 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

S&W 617 with Speedeze loader, just a really fun gun. I’m shooting it today at a Rimfire Challenge along with some other .22’s. 

8B67F1C1-977B-4082-A60D-6D6E1CEBC51C.jpeg

Rye,What kind of front sight is that? 

Nice revolver. :) I have a Speed Beez setup like that for my S&W 63. I like it a lot. 

11 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Rye,What kind of front sight is that? 

Nice revolver. :) I have a Speed Beez setup like that for my S&W 63. I like it a lot. 

CAEB656D-2E69-4D72-9678-8C8500F84FFC.jpeg

F8E1A2F6-74E1-43A3-BEA5-60B16E7D27BA.jpeg

C5F187A4-ABF8-403F-A903-C5D3023926B0.jpegNot sure exactly but here’s a few closeups. They were on the gun when I bought it.

Best find in 2022:

S&W Model 18 (no dash) Combat Masterpiece .22.

Now looking for a trap and sporting clays gun.  Probably an O/U or Rem 1100 Wingmaster.

20210423_183309.jpg

36 minutes ago, Tom Bullweed said:

Rem 1100 Wingmaster.

Minor pickiness

The Wingmaster is an 870 pump. The 1100 automatic does not have a name that I'm aware of. Simply an 1100.

my 1100 is a "sporting" according to the engraving , but yes the wingmaster is an 870 - they dont make them like they used to tho , get an older one 

I have a Reminton 1100 TRAP. It's engraved on the reciever. I lent it to my granson and he's used it for 2 years now. He just took the TopGun spot for WI high school 

school league this past week. He consistantly shoots 49/50 with it. (I guess it was me  and not the gun that misses, LOL(.

He's invited to the regionals in MI.

Coyote Kid and proud granpa.

My G19 "Canadian" legal Glock.

The barrels were made a little longer to make it more than 4.2" thus turning it from a "Prohibited" to a "Restricted" and therefore legal to own, in Canada, at that time.

Sadly, there are no longer legal transfers of handguns in Canada anymore, so there are no new handgun owners, (No new National Match, CAS, IPSC, IDPA, PPC etc) unless the person already owned the handgun(s) required to compete.

Thieves, gangsters, gang-bangers, drug dealers etc. are exempt from the freeze as it only affects the law-abiding.

IMG_2395 (3).JPG

9 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

My G19 "Canadian" legal Glock.

The barrels were made a little longer to make it more than 4.2" thus turning it from a "Prohibited" to a "Restricted" and therefore legal to own, in Canada, at that time.

Sadly, there are no longer legal transfers of handguns in Canada anymore, so there are no new handgun owners, (No new National Match, CAS, IPSC, IDPA, PPC etc) unless the person already owned the handgun(s) required to compete.

Thieves, gangsters, gang-bangers, drug dealers etc. are exempt from the freeze as it only affects the law-abiding.

IMG_2395 (3).JPG

I'm just not sure I would want a firearm that has ADHD

2 hours ago, DocWard said:

It's Canadian. 

What can I say?

Or maybe GLOCK used those pre-fix letters deliberately as an indication of their disgust to our Prime Minister.

3 hours ago, DocWard said:

1 hour ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

It's Canadian. 

What can I say?

Or maybe GLOCK used those pre-fix letters deliberately as an indication of their disgust to our Prime Minister.

That’s hilarious if that’s the serial number. :lol:

9 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

That’s hilarious if that’s the serial number. :lol:

I blocked out the numerals with Photo Edit.

I like the Glocks and also have a Model 44 the same size,

I still have some powder and primers and I'm able to get lead bullets. Hopefully, I can hold out until after the election next year.

I took apart some .45-70s and salvaged the Trail Boss I had loaded in the cases; 1 box of fifty .45-70s equates to three boxes of .45 Colt loads.

6 hours ago, DocWard said:

It stands for All Democrats Hail Dictators.

I work for a Canadian based company, I cant believe some of the complacency I hear about the stripping of what should be inalienable rights. 

God bless America.

26 minutes ago, One Gun Jimmy said:

It stands for All Democrats Hail Dictators.

I work for a Canadian based company, I cant believe some of the complacency I hear about the stripping of what should be inalienable rights. 

God bless America.

Can I get an “Amen”? :FlagAm:

I bought this Glock 44 in November. I had numerous problems with it and recently sent it to Glock for repair. It was returned to me last week with all new frame parts and it appears to have a brand new slide though the serial number is the same. The slide has all new parts except for the barrel and extractor, which I thought was odd. 

Technically, this G44 is a new gun. And it shoots great with an improved trigger pull. 

IMG_2038.thumb.jpeg.a6b3a7efda285e0738f5518686ce3b6e.jpeg

Archived