SASS Wire Forum

SCAMMERS have taken over.....

Good thing I can't crawl through the internet.:angry: It's overwhelmed my email with notifications too. Over 100 so far in the last 2 hours.:angry:

3 minutes ago, Misty Moonshine said:

I'm working on it guys. give me a little time to get it cleaned up and the posters banned/flagged as spammers. 

It's a chore. 

Misty

THANK YOU! ;)

Has got to be a real PITA to deal with! 

6 minutes ago, Misty Moonshine said:

I'm working on it guys. give me a little time to get it cleaned up and the posters banned/flagged as spammers. 

It's a chore. 

Misty

Thank you Misty, we feel for ya. It's gonna be a long day.

2 hours ago, Misty Moonshine said:

It's a chore. 

Misty

The Saloon is under attack, again! :angry:

Pretty sure this type of stuff will keep happening until SASS takes some defensive measure. 

Have handled these attacks on another site.  Difficulty is that it takes an Admin or Moderator online frequently, not actually all that hard to get rid of them.  I believe there are measures that an Admin can set up on this platform to delay posts prior to approval, but separating genuine New folks from spammers is time consuming as well.

47 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

Pretty sure this type of stuff will keep happening until SASS takes some defensive measure. 

I'm loading six,  where and when?

BTT, I will say it again. Keep it simple and let's nip it in the bud

Classifieds should be limited access for members only. 

3 hours ago, Yul Lose said:

We have defensive measures. These guys are creating bot programs that are getting smarter. 

Every spammer we've banned all past the "test" upon registration. 

image.png

5 minutes ago, Misty Moonshine said:

We have defensive measures. These guys are creating bot programs that are getting smarter. 

Every spammer we've banned all past the "test" upon registration. 

image.png

Thank you Misty!   Folks in Kolkata are working overtime today.   I got my first cup of coffee this morning and saw that you'd been hard at work with the ban hammer.   I've been banning as fast as I can since then.   I think they're going for a record!  :blink:

Can I suggest (if possible) limiting new subscribers to 5 posts per day for the first month?

Kind of a probation.

This type of behavior drove me away from writing and maintaining websites for a living to making boolits.

1 minute ago, Still hand Bill said:

One of the other forums I am on requires 10 posts and 1 month membership before one can post or reply to a post in the classifieds section.  Helps keep the scammers at bay.  

There have been a few scammers in the past, 44 Bang as an example that joined and posted on lots of subjects on the Wire and Saloon and once he looked legitimate he pulled his scam sales in the Classifieds. There have been others but I don’t recall their “aliases”.

22 hours ago, Misty Moonshine said:

It's a chore. 

Misty

Thanks for all your diligent work! It must be really frustrating for you!:o

Archived