SASS Wire Forum

The French SPG Powered by Electricity

Sedalia Dave

Thanks Dave!

It's a shame that these historic relics are left out in the elements to rust away, like the SPG in Germany.

On another note, you just know that Subdeacon Joe is going to want one!:o:P

1 hour ago, Cypress Sun said:

Thanks Dave!

It's a shame that these historic relics are left out in the elements to rust away, like the SPG in Germany.

On another note, you just know that Subdeacon Joe is going to want one!:o:P

Give it a rest,will you Whoopie?

2 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

Just kiddin with you Joe. No need for insults.<_<

It gets old, since you are implying that I'm one of those screeching morons that demands everyone go all electric for everything.   I recognize the limitations of EVs, but say that the outright lies about them are unnecessary, and that there is a large niche which they can fill quite nicely, unlike some people who insist that they are tools of Satan.
|
But, in  a way you're correct - who wouldn't want a SPG?  Although I prefer the looks of the M7 Priest.  Although the Soviet SU-6 has something to say for it just because of the weird factor

The SU-6 prototype. Notice the collapsible sides with supporting and levering arms under the sides. This machine could have been a potent weapon.

21 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

It gets old, since you are implying that I'm one of those screeching morons that demands everyone go all electric for everything.   I recognize the limitations of EVs, but say that the outright lies about them are unnecessary, and that there is a large niche which they can fill quite nicely, unlike some people who insist that they are tools of Satan.
|
But, in  a way you're correct - who wouldn't want a SPG?  Although I prefer the looks of the M7 Priest.  Although the Soviet SU-6 has something to say for it just because of the weird factor

The SU-6 prototype. Notice the collapsible sides with supporting and levering arms under the sides. This machine could have been a potent weapon.

Implying that you are one of the go all electric "screeching morons" is quite the stretch for an innocuous post that was meant to be humorous. If you'll remember, I'm one of the ones that stated that electric vehicles have their place in todays world and work for some people...in other words, I was NOT anti EV. That's alright, I'm not thin skinned but I damn sure don't like being called Whoopie.

Of the two SPG's you mentioned, I'd rather the have the M7. Really, I'd rather have the M108 as I think it would be better in heavy, rush hour traffic and still retain the firepower needed for whatever situation arises.

I'm going to go way out on a limb here

SPG is self-propelled gun???

How difficult would it have been to write that either in the title or in the first line of the thread, for those of us who don't have a military background or who don't have a huge knowledge of artillery. Let us know what you're talking about.

Because y'all had me all way confused. I thought SPG was black powder bullet lube.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1503542859/

Archived