SASS Wire Forum

bear creek bullets

Alpo

Anyone have any experience with them?

I was looking for holidays what cutters HOLLOW BASE WADCUTTERS YOU FLIPPIN' MORON and the best price I had found was on some Speer at Midway. Then I found Bear Creek's site, and the prices were so much better that, in this day and age, it's scary.

They are pretty much all I use when reloading lead bullets. I think they’re great. They are all coated with a molybdenum & carnuba wax. Zero leading in all my loads.

Their HBWC bullets are very nice. 
I have used their bullets since 2000.

I have loaded .38 Special. .357 Magnum, .45 Colt, 30-30, 38-55 & 45-70 with their bullets in various weight. I have literally only found a couple of malformed bullets out of the thousands that I have loaded with them. 

Also, if you order by phone the have price breaks on shipping depending on how many boxes you order. 

Try them. I think you’ll like them. 

PM Smokestack, he’s a dealer for them.

Guest BigBelle

Bear Creek is an old brand, selling bullets coated with their own mix before Hi Tek started coming in from Australia and before the powder coating hobby. Probably second on the market after Bull X. They nearly dropped out of sight for a good while, it is good to see them back. They have bullet styles not made by anybody else.

6 hours ago, BigBelle said:

Bear Creek is an old brand, selling bullets coated with their own mix before Hi Tek started coming in from Australia and before the powder coating hobby. Probably second on the market after Bull X. They nearly dropped out of sight for a good while, it is good to see them back. They have bullet styles not made by anybody else.

Bear Creek Supply “dropped out of sight”? I know during The Silliness (CoVid) they had limited supply issues. 
If Bear Creek ever went out of business it would break my heart. 

I tried using those poly coated bullets. I can’t stand the smell of them. I calculate it’s about 1 in 10 people that smell moldy s**tty baby diapers or the smell of cat pizz when these things are fired. Kind of like those that taste something soapy when they eat Cilantro. My calculation is non scientific but derived from shooting these bullets in public indoor ranges then telling people that I was shooting poly coated bullets then asking people if they smell anything funny. My calculations came down to about 1 in 10. 
The smell was bad enough for me to give poly bullets away when none could be had. That’s how much I hate the smell of them. 

Sorry for the partial hijack and the rant. :)

Well yes, moly coated bullets have been around longer then the hitech coated bullets. I used moly bullets for smokeless loads but definitely like the hitech coated bullets better and have switched to them when Bayou bullets first offered them.

I started using Bear Creek in 2000, cause Tabor sold them out of his shop in San Bruno

I buy 4 boxes at a time

Archived