SASS Wire Forum

Three Stooges

Buckshot Bob

10 minutes ago, irish ike, SASS #43615 said:

The wrong but right curly?

That was Curly Joe I believe. The original Curly passed away in 1952.

Yep, that's Curly Joe. I can't imagine being the actor that had to play him, Joe DeRita. Even back then, there was paparazzi of photographers. 

I always loved the Three Stooges. 

The REAL Curly was the best...even though Shemp was the original 3rd stooge. Three brothers named Horowitz and a guy named Larry Fine started a absolutely hilarious comedy routine that is still loved today...almost 100 years later.

WHHHYYY  YOUUUU......

I wonder what a remake of The Three Stooges would look like in this WOKE Era?

Has anyone else noticed that it seems to be guys who laugh the hardest at Three Stooges comedy?  Women just don’t seem to get it.

At least that’s the way it is in our circle of friends.  My wife says it’s because women are born smarter.  I say it’s because men aren’t wrapped as tight as women.

1 hour ago, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

Has anyone else noticed that it seems to be guys who laugh the hardest at Three Stooges comedy?  Women just don’t seem to get it.

At least that’s the way it is in our circle of friends.  My wife says it’s because women are born smarter.  I say it’s because men aren’t wrapped as tight as women.

Absolutely 100% agree!!! 

There was a TV show back in the late '80s. ALIEN NATION. A spaceship full of humanoid extraterrestrials had crashed on Earth.

One episode, Matt, a human, was attracted to Cathy, an alien who lived across the hall in his apartment building. And she's telling him all about this extremely funny movie she watched. Herbie the Love Bug. Matt dismissed it out of hand. That's for children. This is funny. And he shows her some Three Stooges.

Afterwards he asked what she thought, and she said that the dark-haired guy hitting the fat guy with the hammer would have probably caused a concussion, and she did not understand how anyone would hire them as carpenters because they obviously had no experience at it.

This upset Matt, who told her that she had no sense of humor.

2 hours ago, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

My daughter and I used to watch the stooges when she was little. She would laugh and laugh. Then one day when she was 15 she commented “Those guys are stupid. I can’t believe I found that funny when I was little.”

I got a little hole in my heart that day. :(

When my grandson came to visit when he was 7 I played some Three Stooges on TV. He loved it. I gave him my DVDs when he went home and told him he should watch them with his mom in the living room. :D

A couple of weeks later my daughter called and asked my why I gave Eric those silly shows. I told her “It’s a rite of manhood”. :lol:

Archived