SASS Wire Forum

three fingers of bourbon

watab kid

i had a jug this evening that looked to be at the bottom , i finished off the sweet vermouth a few days ago so i thought to kill it neat , i guess it was a poor judgement call on quantity left , 

ill do my best to treat it right tho , might be a later morning tomorrow than ive been doing - but then i had planned to cut the grass adter firing up the mower or mowers [i have three] and was a tad concerned as to how they suffered the winter , may need new battery's in the two lawn tractors , one has been out all winter the other i brought in in february , that second might start - it was running great when i brought it home , the push mower has probably sat three years without running but we shall see , 

i have not ever had a good experience with small engines , we just dont get along well , my chain saw was diagnosed as "too old to fix" last week , ill probably buy a replacement but i hate the idea , my leaf blower is starting to give me fits and my two weed whips are as well [one is a string cutter the other a bade type brush cutter] im getting too old to want to spend money on these things , 

sorry about venting ....maybe tomorrow will go well and ill be smiling of all of this ....................

for now ill drink my three fingers of bourbon and relax 

I have found that regular maintenance keeps me from having to work on my small engines.  Premium, no ethanol gasoline, regular oil changes and new air filters, and keep a trickle charger on the batteries during the winter.  

My Husqvarna 24 hp mower is down right now, but no fault of it's own.  I bought a couple of replacement front wheels for it about 5 years ago, and the plastic axle spacers (the wheel comes with a 1" axle and the mower has a 3/4" axle) took a trip to the junk yard, leaving me on 3 wheels in the yard.  I limped it back to the garage, and ordered two new wheels and the hardware to go with them.

Here in CA, the drought kills lawns during the summer.
The grass is smart enough to die during the heat season, then comes back in the winter.
Don't have to mow dead grass.
I use an electric mower with 100' cable that my bride has only run over once.

For some reason, they put nice big wheels on the rear, but these tiny T-Rex wheels on the front.

I'm still hunting for some Bernheim bourbon... no like finding it at less than gold mine pricing.

The Snow blower gets an oil change, a big shot of fuel stabilizer and a few minutes of run time as it goes from the garage to the rear sheds, to hibernate for the summer.

The lawn mower, Weed Whacker, motorhome and HERBIE get the fuel stabilizer/oil change treatment before they go into winter hibernation.

Batteries come out and get stored on a wood pallet beside the battery charger and they get a little touch-up every few months during our long cold winters.

Bushmills Black Label Irish or Jameson Black Barrel Irish for Red, Rooster and I.

15 hours ago, watab kid said:

i had a jug this evening that looked to be at the bottom , i finished off the sweet vermouth a few days ago so i thought to kill it neat , i guess it was a poor judgement call on quantity left , 

ill do my best to treat it right tho , might be a later morning tomorrow than ive been doing - but then i had planned to cut the grass adter firing up the mower or mowers [i have three] and was a tad concerned as to how they suffered the winter , may need new battery's in the two lawn tractors , one has been out all winter the other i brought in in february , that second might start - it was running great when i brought it home , the push mower has probably sat three years without running but we shall see , 

i have not ever had a good experience with small engines , we just dont get along well , my chain saw was diagnosed as "too old to fix" last week , ill probably buy a replacement but i hate the idea , my leaf blower is starting to give me fits and my two weed whips are as well [one is a string cutter the other a bade type brush cutter] im getting too old to want to spend money on these things , 

sorry about venting ....maybe tomorrow will go well and ill be smiling of all of this ....................

for now ill drink my three fingers of bourbon and relax 

8 hours ago, Crooked River Pete, SASS 43485 said:

I'm with you on the small gas engines, have been moving over to battery everything for yard work, I've been drinking my whiskey neat for years.

Mayhaps you guys need some of this stuff: ......

Image result for Start Ya Bastard Engine Starter. Size: 189 x 185. Source: www.repco.co.nz

2 hours ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

Mayhaps you guys need some of this stuff: ......

Image result for Start Ya Bastard Engine Starter. Size: 189 x 185. Source: www.repco.co.nz

that might work to start it but will it keep running ? i have a few hours work to do in the yard , i need it to keep running 

Archived