SASS Wire Forum

Sad news

Captain Bill Burt

I feel terrible that I’m just reading this.  I didn’t know Ringer well, but we did talk a few times.  But every time I saw him he had a big ole grin and a greeting that you could tell came from his heart.   RIP to a fine cowboy 

On 5/23/2023 at 10:44 AM, Sixgun Seamus said:

He very seldom pronounced my name right. Couldn't get the Celtic pronunciation

I also tried convincing him the Irish can't spell for sh!t.

One monkey don’t stop the show, but Black Gold will be a little less fun for some of us this year!!

23 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

One monkey don’t stop the show, but Black Gold will be a little less fun for some of us this year!!

I honestly don't know how we're going to do this without Gary.

I've been away from the wire. So sad to hear this. God Speed Ringer, you will be missed. 

JEL

Here is something not everyone may know about Ringer, he had a wicked sweet-tooth. Ringer could sniff out sweets if they were double wrapped, in a ziplock bag, and sealed in Tupperware.  Chocolate was his favorite but he liked most sweets.

As I am sitting at Bell Buckle Cafe this week I will be very tempted to order dessert first as Ringer was prone to do. While the rest of us were having a drink or salads Ringer was having a dessert. 

Sure am going to miss him.

21 hours ago, Tn Tombstone said:

Chocolate was his favorite

He's also been known to eat a deep-dish peach pie.

On 5/30/2023 at 7:51 PM, Tn Tombstone said:

Here is something not everyone may know about Ringer, he had a wicked sweet-tooth. Ringer could sniff out sweets if they were double wrapped, in a ziplock bag, and sealed in Tupperware.  Chocolate was his favorite but he liked most sweets.

As I am sitting at Bell Buckle Cafe this week I will be very tempted to order dessert first as Ringer was prone to do. While the rest of us were having a drink or salads Ringer was having a dessert. 

Sure am going to miss him.

Wow, life really IS short.

Eat dessert first.

And hug the ones you love a little extra.

I was informed today, while I was at the Tennessee State Championship Match at Wartrace, that there WILL BE a RINGER’S HUMDINGER this year at the Black Gold Shootout!!

Y’all get your applications in!!  It’s gonna’ ROAR!!

But...do I even need to bring a deep-dish peach pie?  There will be cranberry salad (for Little Joe) and pecan pie because Christmas in July.

You might orta’!!  I’m not a fan of peach pie, but I’ll just bet the farm that there’ll be plenty of Ringer’s friends that’ll be happy to have a slice in his memory.

NOW!! That pecan pie??  I’d like to request that you reserve a piece of that’n for yours truly!!

Ringer allowed he was practicing shotgun in his bedroom - with dummy rounds of course.  One of the dummy rounds rolled under the bed and he retrieved it.  That retrieved "dummy round" went BOOM.  In that Ringer drawl, "I hung a pitcher over the hole."

If you know Ringer you probably heard that story because he seemed to love to tell it on himself.

Archived