SASS Wire Forum

Need some info

Tom Payne 13115

Hi, Tom,

What model rifles are you talking about?  If they are Uberti '73s then they should be interchangeable.  You might be able to just swap out the loading gate.  66s can be difficult if the rifles were manufactured in different years.  Hope all is well with you guys.  Give my best to Ziggy.

Hey Tex how ya been!! I'm gonna try the side plate swap. I don't want to mess with the loading gates so as I don't strip out a screw!! lol its gonna be from another Uberti 73. I will order another gate from VTI tomorrow. I need it by Thursday and I doubt it will get here by then!!

The '73 loading gates rarely break in their stock configuration.  Did somebody thin the metal to make it easier to push in?  Although I have not used one, the '66 style gate for the '73 that Shotgun Boogie makes, mentioned by J.S. Sooner, is nice, it is dished in so you don't have to push it in as far to load cartridges

Hanover Shooters Supply LLC, a dealer for Cimarron and Uberti firearms is going to be at the PA State match.  May be worth a call to see if they have the loading gate you need.

http://www.hanovershooters.com/?fbclid=IwAR2vo9EcZEU_7uNgKaeVCxFsXIxZF1a7ZpU9YYGzC2EvnL5-m4RiiJn0tuU#/

2 hours ago, J.S. Sooner, SASS #73526 said:

Hanover Shooters Supply LLC, a dealer for Cimarron and Uberti firearms is going to be at the PA State match.  May be worth a call to see if they have the loading gate you need.

http://www.hanovershooters.com/?fbclid=IwAR2vo9EcZEU_7uNgKaeVCxFsXIxZF1a7ZpU9YYGzC2EvnL5-m4RiiJn0tuU#/

Thanks for the info. I will give them a call.

Archived