SASS Wire Forum

DILLON 650 Upgrade Question

Colorado Coffinmaker

I've been loading on a pair of DILLON 650 presses for about 20 years.  they have been rode hard and put away wet and one is going back to Dillon for "Rehab."

The question however, is the effectiveness of the Shell Plate Bearing kits being offered.  I'm real interested but wonder if it's all Hype.  Since I load to fairly full cases and the presses tend to spit an amount of powder out of the cases when cycling, it appears the Bearing Kits eliminate this behavior.  SO:

Any of you folks equipped your presses with a bearing kit and does it really work???? :huh:

A Weak mind really wants to know :rolleyes: 

Thank You Gentlemen.  Went ahead an ordered a "kit."  Already changed to a roller on the Shell Plate Cam and the roller rod for the cartridge feed thingie.  Looking forward to also to smoother steel plate indexing.  SEE!!  You can teach an Old Dog new trix :P

A little update to my query about upgrading my DILLON 650 with a Shell Plate Bearing Kit.  Got one.  Not only the Bearing kit, but also the roller bearing Shell Plate Cam Block and the Roller Bearing Op Rod for the Case Feed.  My goodness what a difference a few after-market parts can make.  The press runs BETTER than new.  Super Smooth and positive.  No hitches nor glitches, no powder spill.  Well worth the price of admission you betcha!!!

PS:  And I can confirm my Sweetheart will tell ya, I are 75 going on "SIX."  Trix R fer kids, even us really old kids!!  The TRIX for the 650 are GREAT (quote Tony the Tiger)

Glad you found so much improvement in cycling.   I put those parts on a smokeless set-up 650 press and it cleaned up almost all the powder bounce out of half-full cases.   A good surprise.

good luck, GJ

Where can another older kid that wants to play too buy all these fun trix?

And what was the toys you actually bought?

The Rabbit ain't talkin'.:lol:

Recently installed all those upgrades and yes well worth it. One more I recommend is the primer feed shutoff, also well worth the cost.

I sourced the Bearing Cam Block and the Case Feed op-rod from UniqueTec and the Bearing Kit from Hit Factor Supply.  I noticed Hit Factor Supply also has a kit containing ALL those goodies, single source.  When I get my other 650 back for DILLON I PLAN to source the Hit Factor complete kit for it.

Archived