SASS Wire Forum

Sad News

It is with a heavy heart that I post news of Birdshot, aka Mike Daly's passing.  A friend to shooters of all disciplines but a true cowboy at heart, he spent many years at Hodgdon Powder Company.  Please keep his wife, 101 Inez, son and daughter in your thoughts and prayers. 

Throw another log on the heavenly fire, say hello to all your heroes, family and friends that were waiting there for you and especially all the Mule Teamers - rest in peace Birdshot.  Gone but never forgotten. 

So terribly sorry to read this.  Mike was such a nice guy and friend for so many years.  So many fond  memories of Birdshot...SHOT shows, Shootist Holiday, EOTs, and more.  Easy for me not to forget he and 101 as there is an awesome Neil Anderson print of antelope from their "Vantage Point" over looking the living room, a gift in the eighties for our new home.  Sadly I have not seen him in a number of years.

May God comfort family and friends.   

Another good one gone.  I offer the sincerest condolences to the family and friends.

I'm really sorry to hear that, I met Mike at EOT years ago and he was the one that got me to try Clays in 45 colt loads and I still use it to this day! I can't remember how many EOTs I would hang out and shoot the breeze with him, he will be missed, RIP my friend. Von Dutch

RIP Pard 

Mike was a great pardner. When he was around he was really there with you.

I have a picture of Mike and Mary by my desk and I see them every morning and think about all the times we shared.

You always hope for that one more  adventure with your best pards. It'll have to be on another trail.

My prayers for the comfort of Mary and the family.

Joe West

Archived