SASS Wire Forum

Employee shortage solution

Dantankerous

20230518_212542.jpg

I'd rather go out of business, although......when I was working at The Flintlock black powder shop there was a guy there who had long hair and a beard, wore chambray shirts and moccasins and looked just like the other hippies in the area, BUT he was in no way a hippie.  Politically right of Charlton Heston, could be meaner than a boiled owl if crowded, and was a true expert on muzzle loading weapons and the mountain man way of life.

Can't cover a judge by its book.

16 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

I'd rather go out of business, although......when I was working at The Flintlock black powder shop there was a guy there who had long hair and a beard, wore chambray shirts and moccasins and looked just like the other hippies in the area, BUT he was in no way a hippie.  Politically right of Charlton Heston, could be meaner than a boiled owl if crowded, and was a true expert on muzzle loading weapons and the mountain man way of life.

Can't cover a judge by its book.

Lots of bikers have long hair, they're fir sure not hippies!

DAMN!!  All those years where I couldn’t get those jobs, AND NOW THEY WANT ME???

2 hours ago, Alpo said:

"Where the biker stare at cowboys, who are laughing at the hippies, who are praying they get out of here alive."

I used to go to that bar...a lot.

It was named "The Sandpiper", we called it "The Pit".

The owner had another bar on Clearwater Beach called "Pub West". It was interesting also.

So I took of my hat

and said imagine that

Me workin’ for you!

Signs, signs, everywhere the signs…

3 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

I used to go to that bar...a lot.

Anybody remember when Oklahoma Charlie got all cowboy'd up and went to that biker bar near Summerville, SC?  Minkie's, I think it was called.

6 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

DAMN!!  All those years where I couldn’t get those jobs, AND NOW THEY WANT ME???

NAH ! 

They aren't that desperate yet. *

Remember, you didn't want any sympathy!!

When I was working for LMCO in Ridgecrest we were interviewing a couple of the Yuma EW range folks that wanted to xfer. One of the guys we were interviewing came into the break room as I was nuking my lunch. First words out of his mouth were "$!HT I cut my hair for nothing"

My hair at that time was down to the middle of my back. I always wore it braided. It is now all the way to the top of my jeans.

Except for a couple trims It hasn't been cut since June of 2002. When I retired from the Navy my late wife asked me to grow it out. Prior to that it was never longer than a couple inches even in high school. Kept it short as farming with tractors without cabs and long hair weren't really compatible.

Archived