SASS Wire Forum

Need Part for TTN 1897 Shotgun

Does anyone know where I can find a Action Slide Hook Screw for a TTN 1897 shotgun?  This is a Chinese made shotgun that was imported into the country several years ago and are no longer available.  Parts for other Chinese imports such as IAC and Norinco will not interchange.  I have read unflattering remarks about these shotguns on the wire from time to time but to the contrary, this has been a really good gun until the screw broke.  I would appreciate very much any information that anyone can provide.  

I have a Polytech, same gun after TTN, imported by Cimarron, and mine has been good also.  One of the selling points of the TTN '97 was American screws matching Winchester.  I couldn't say for sure about that screw, but it is a possibility a Winchester part would fit.  If so, check here: https://homesteadparts.com/shop/winchester-1897-c-2_35.html

And as Barleycorn says, Outlaw Gambler would be a good source of info as well as parts.  He is on this site and also can be found on the Merchant Corner section of the Wire.  Good luck.  

Abilene: Thank you for your reply.  I have an original Winchester part.  When compared to the TTN part, the unthreaded portion of the screw that actually goes into the action hook is a smaller diameter than the Winchester part.  I will check with the sources that you provided tomorrow.  

Online Outpost out of Durango, Co sells "The Smith Shop" replacements for either Norinco or Winchester.     Tell GW says Hi.       GW

4 hours ago, Sandhills Slim, SASS #22998 said:

I have found a source for the screw that I need.

I’d be interested to know which option you went with and if it fits. I was trying to find to an extra slide hook screw for my TTN and the one I purchased, listed as being for the Norinco ‘97, didn’t fit. 

Archived