SASS Wire Forum

Watching old TV shows

Alpo

Tonight I'm watching season 2 of Charlie's Angels. They're in Hawaii, and Chris (that would be Jill's little sister, that took Farah's Place when she quit) is talking to a school teacher, when all of a sudden a bell rings and the teacher starts stripping. The doors open and the kids come running out pulling their clothes off and everybody grabs the surfboard. Surf's up, and the whole school goes surfing.

The teacher falls off her board and the entire school comes ashore to see how she is. Must be well loved. One guy says that she wiped out pretty hard, but Chris rolls her over and says, "She's been shot. Get a doctor. Call some help."

That just sounded so weird, because if it happened in a show today she would have said to call 911. Apparently 911 was not in the islands in 1977.

Charlie's Angels was best watched with the sound muted.

10 minutes ago, DeaconKC said:

Charlie's Angels was best watched with the sound muted.

Or not all. If you only saw 15 minutes of one episode, you’d seen them all. 

For those who liked to watch gorgeous people anyway, “Battle of the Network Stars” was more believable because it didn’t pretend to be anything but a T&A spectacle.  

I had never heard of "Nichols" with James Garner until a couple months ago. I think I'm on episode 16 or 17. It's not a great show, but I'm a big James Garner fan and so far it's been ok. He doesn't have the charisma in it like he does in Bret Maverick or Rockford files and/or the writers just weren't as good.

Archived