SASS Wire Forum

High tea

Our senior center ladies put on a "high tea" yesterday.  Actually, a friend's wife did all the proposing, planning , and all the other work while a bunch of other ladies stood around smiling and saying "look at the wonderful job we did."

Anyway, we were asked to wear or fanciest clothes and prettiest hats .  Some people didn't.  They were mostly the ones who complained about not having coffee and the  dainty finger foods that were provided.

One couple bitched so loudly and disruptively that I went over and dropped the price or their two tickets on the table and told them the leave.  The man said he wasn't going to leave, but after I reasoned with him he decided to go.

I  pulled out a pin stripe navy suit (one of three quite expensive suits that I bought when I was still in business for myself.....AND IT STILL FIT ME!!! ) added a light blue brocaded vest and a gold double chain Albert chain with a carver ivory eagle's head drop and a pen knife, added  my firebird silver and ivory pendant with a small chip  of turquoise, and put a flag pin and a lapel pin on.  I stacked this on top of my best Sunday-go-to-meeting boots and capped it off with a beaver free trapper's style hat with a leather bill, and a silver Mexican concho with a red tail hawk feather decorated with beads, died porcupine quills, and a sprig of someone's blond hair

My God, I was was gorgeous!  I mean I already am, but really!

I didn't sign up to compete, but I came in third in the hat contest as a write in vote.  I was told I could be "One of the ladies" now......I don't believe I will, though.  :lol:

I ate way too much, too, and it was all good except for the clotted cream.

39 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

capped it off with a beaver free trapper's style hat with a leather bill

Need a picture

I did a search on trapper's hat, and come up with this

CWWAP20001_3_enlarged.jpg

That hat ain't got no bill. So obviously this is not what you were wearing.

What were you wearing?

2 hours ago, Alpo said:

Need a picture

I did a search on trapper's hat, and come up with this

CWWAP20001_3_enlarged.jpg

That hat ain't got no bill. So obviously this is not what you were wearing.

What were you wearing?

Vast difference between a trapper's hat and a free trapper's hat.  Check out Wildthings fur hats.

Ah. I did not read it as you having a "free trappers hat" made of beaver.

I read that as a "trappers hat" that did not use any beaver in the making of it - a "beaver free" "trapper's hat". :blush:

Gotta say though,

trapperhat.jpg

The muskrat - top left - is the best looking of these hats. Better than the beaver - bottom left.

Probably because the fur is short. The other pelts have longer hair, which makes the hat look shaggy.

5 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

One couple bitched so loudly and disruptively that I went over and dropped the price or their two tickets on the table and told them the leave.  The man said he wasn't going to leave, but after I reasoned with him he decided to go.

That made me laugh

Archived