SASS Wire Forum

The principal of your school

Alpo

Did you call him principal?

Tv, movies, books - they all call him principal. "How do you do Principal Johnson?"

We always called him mister. Mr Conrad in Elementary School. Mr Williams (we referred to him as Wally behind his back but we called him Mr Williams to his face) in Jr High, and Mr Diltz in High School.

I figured it'd been a while since I did a totally off the wall, makes no sense question. I know some of you are missing them.

We always called the principle Mr. (last name) in grades 1 - 8. 

In high school, we had split sessions. Grades 9 - 10 went to school in the afternoon shift and grades 11 - 12 went in the morning shift.

In grades 9 - 10, we called the principle Dean Clark when referring to him among ourselves and Mr. Clark in person. I got to meet him on the first day of 10th grade after getting caught smoking in the rest room. We later referred to him as Chop Shop Clark after he was arrested for participating in a chop shop operation later that year.

In grades 11 - 12, we called the principle both Mr. Hyde and Dean Hyde. Mr. Hyde had been some kind of General in the US Army prior to becoming Dean. He was generally fair but if you messed with him, he'd do a number on you and he was built like a tank. I was in trouble often and skipped school often, so I saw him a lot. A few years after I graduated, I saw him in Lums all by himself. He recognized me and called me, by name, over to his table. He then proceeded to buy us beer until we were both ****faced. Turned out that he was a good guy, just doing his job as Dean. Never saw him again.

I went to 5 different high schools in 4 years and one of those schools I went to 3 different times. We moved around a lot the last 4 years I lived with my family. I also went to the county Vo-tech in 10th-12th grades. Vo-Tech was a county school that served 6 high schools in my county, 4 of which I attended. 

In all 5 schools plus the Vo-Tech school I went to we addressed the Principal as “Mr. [Last name]”. 

11 hours ago, Alpo said:

Did you call him principal?

Tv, movies, books - they all call him principal. "How do you do Principal Johnson?"

We always called him mister. Mr Conrad in Elementary School. Mr Williams (we referred to him as Wally behind his back but we called him Mr Williams to his face) in Jr High, and Mr Diltz in High School.

I figured it'd been a while since I did a totally off the wall, makes no sense question. I know some of you are missing them.

Missing them like I miss hickups.  (Not really, but didn't want your head to swell too much  :o  :lol: )

In Elementary, Miss Hall - no one would have dared to use anything else...to her face, behind her back, or anywhere else!

Junior High, Dr. Lindstrom, usually "Old Doc" behind his back.

High School principal was Mr. Austin, "Charlie O." behind his back.  He later became the Superintendent, and it was exactly the same, especially for those of us whom he later hired as teachers/coaches (about 8 or 9 from the Class of 1964 alone)!

CS

9 hours ago, Buckshot Bear said:

Mr to his face......

Yep and a variety of $&)(; behind his back! My high school principal was a real jerk as was the Assistant Principal! :angry:

Archived